• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 2012

Zachariah Buck

hello,
I am applying to the OCC 2012 program this coming year, I faild to have my packege done in time for PLC13 and this is my last option, so does anyone out there have an advice for the best way to get my pulls ups better quickly? I am at about 8-10 now, my sit ups and running are very good so this is really the last think i need to "fix" so i am as competitive as possible.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Just do more pullups, Armstrong, P90X etc... all have decent programs that will have your numbers up just a few weeks.
I would also advise you to "fix" your spelling and grammar.

Wcalkins

When I started training for OCS about 17 months ago I could do maybe 6 pull ups. I now hover around 30. What helped me was I would do this one specific pullup workout once a week. "See how long and how many sets it takes you to get to 100." When I started it took me about 14-15 sets and near 2.5 hours. This would nearly destroy my arms and back by the end of it, thats why I only did it once a week. My record now is 6 sets in about 15 min or less. I dont think I would ever be able to do it in five so I have quit doing the workout. No biggie since all i do for pullups now is just a little bit here and there to stay above 20.

BTW OCC is rediculously competitive now, everyones pft is at or near 300. Its really come down to pure luck or politics as to who gets selected.