• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NY SAM Missile Sting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Slammer2 said:
Many of the islamic terrorists/fighters have indeed used the religion to draw more people in, but that still makes it a religious war. Maybe all of the leaders are using the religion as a tactic, but all of the people who are drawn into battle truely believe that the religion is the cause that they are fighting for. This is the reason that many of them unite and started fighting in the first place.

But I will definately agree with you on the whole hatred of Americans concept. It is the mission of many of the terror groups to kill Americans whether they be military or civilian.

yeah, its just a semantics argument at this point, we're on the same page

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Punk said:
I guess that moon we were agreeing under has long since vanished.

I was using the KKK as an example. They were killing innocent people, just not on a worldwide basis. Patmack pointed out that how a fanatic can rally his people behind them. I was simply pointing out that this isn't the first time this has happened and isn't unique to Islam.

By the way, they are killing people, Americans, Spaniards, whoever, not just based on their faith. They are not out to kill Americans just because they are Christians, they are out to kill Americans for being Americans. They are using their religion to rally this cause. This is why I have a problem calling their side a "religious" war. Now, if they were just out to kill Christians, sure, no problem, religious war it is.

We are fighting a war against terror. Not against Islam. Just like they are fighting a war against Americans, not just Christian Americans.

Mmm I don't think we're in total disagreement here. Ok, so the KKK was an example. We all know it's not unique to Islam. The problem is, that's the dominant... rallying force today.

See, they are using the religion to rally. It appeals to the uneducated, in this instance (I'm not saying religion is uneducated, I'm saying specifically what they are doing appeals to the uneducated). They know this, their leaders, while fanatic and sick, are not necessarily stupid. They sure know psychology. When they rally their masses against the infidels, be it American, Israeli, Spanish, Italian, whoever, it's a religious war on THEIR behalf. Obviously we're not fighting for Christianity. We don't need to be. It's time America wakes up and realizes that on their behalf, it's a religious war, whether you want to call it "true Islam" or not, or whether it's just a strategy to rally the troops, they are invoking THEIR God (albeit the same God as Christianity) in their fight against the Infidel.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
This story isn't related to the raid in NY, but it's related to the convo. After a few months of relative ease, it looks like thing have been kicking up again in the region and an uprising is on the edge of happening. I'm guessing that the US and Coalition forces will try to hold back a little longer, but theres only so much we're going to take.

Do you all think that it would be more harmful to sit back and take the shots or to move in and crush and eliminate that region? Of course moving in will be more harmful for the big picture in the long run, but not doing so will give that D-bag more time to unite more fighters. Then again, maybe time will unite the greater population against him, but I doubt that will happen so soon.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slammer2 said:
This story isn't related to the raid in NY, but it's related to the convo. After a few months of relative ease, it looks like thing have been kicking up again in the region and an uprising is on the edge of happening. I'm guessing that the US and Coalition forces will try to hold back a little longer, but theres only so much we're going to take.

Do you all think that it would be more harmful to sit back and take the shots or to move in and crush and eliminate that region? Of course moving in will be more harmful for the big picture in the long run, but not doing so will give that D-bag more time to unite more fighters. Then again, maybe time will unite the greater population against him, but I doubt that will happen so soon.

Remember when we governed with an iron hand, and we were getting attacks, but not as many? Then we softened up to liken to the hearts and minds, and we got hammered? There is a reason the Iraqis are asking for the iron hand back.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Fly Navy said:
See, they are using the religion to rally. It appeals to the uneducated, in this instance (I'm not saying religion is uneducated, I'm saying specifically what they are doing appeals to the uneducated). They know this, their leaders, while fanatic and sick, are not necessarily stupid. They sure know psychology. When they rally their masses against the infidels, be it American, Israeli, Spanish, Italian, whoever, it's a religious war on THEIR behalf. Obviously we're not fighting for Christianity. We don't need to be. It's time America wakes up and realizes that on their behalf, it's a religious war, whether you want to call it "true Islam" or not, or whether it's just a strategy to rally the troops, they are invoking THEIR God (albeit the same God as Christianity) in their fight against the Infidel.

We are in agreement about this. Like I said earlier, they are using their religion as a rallying cry for the masses. But what the problem I have with calling it a real religious war, is that they are calling for this fight because they want their followers to believe that their religion is at stake. When in fact, it is not. We are not out to end the Islamic religion, just those fanatics that are out to get us. That's the only problem I have with calling it a true religious war. They are getting their people to believe that its a religious war, while I think its not. See what I'm getting at?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Punk said:
We are in agreement about this. Like I said earlier, they are using their religion as a rallying cry for the masses. But what the problem I have with calling it a real religious war, is that they are calling for this fight because they want their followers to believe that their religion is at stake. When in fact, it is not. We are not out to end the Islamic religion, just those fanatics that are out to get us. That's the only problem I have with calling it a true religious war. They are getting their people to believe that its a religious war, while I think its not. See what I'm getting at?

Ok yeah, I see understand how you see it now. See, we can be civil on Airwarriors.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Ok yeah, I see understand how you see it now. See, we can be civil on Airwarriors.

its been happening more times than naught :icon_smil

cindy

Just a minute, please.

This is a thread of a report of Muslim Holy person with missles to be used to shoot down civilian airliners filled with women and children. All in Allah's name?

And we have some folks who are supposed to defend our country, and they are actively supporting them?

We might have found the problem.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
cindy said:
Just a minute, please.

This is a thread of a report of Muslim Holy person with missles to be used to shoot down civilian airliners filled with women and children. All in Allah's name?

And we have some folks who are supposed to defend our country, and they are actively supporting them?

We might have found the problem.

you don't have any reading comprehension skills, do you?

kevin

hey cindy!!! there are men on those planes too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! huh, what about us?!?!?!?!

(sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.