• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NY SAM Missile Sting

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a well known fact Ann Coulter is completely batsh-t insane. And her blaring hypocrisy is nicely evident in that exact quote.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Ann Coulter is a loon

and you obviously know very little about Islam Patmack

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think Ann Coulter was trying to play Devil's Advocate there.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
It's a well known fact Ann Coulter is completely batsh-t insane.

Yeah, if you're a liberal. SHe's certainly batsh!t insane to them. Of course, they're the sane ones.... yeah... that's it....

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Patmack18 said:
Actually Punk.. I did quite a bit to educate myself on Islam, and it's one of the key points in the Koran (or however you want to spell it), I used to know the chapter and verse no., that says it's against the religion to kill any human being. But when you get fanatics like this, across the world, that have skewed the basis and convince hundreds of thousands of people that it's their gods will to kill americans... how can you defend that. Punk, rather than just make empty statements, why don't you make a valid argument?

Because arguing with a right-wing fanatic like yourself is like talking to a wall. Nothing I can say will ever convince you otherwise, nor will I try. Seriously, when you start quoting Ann Coulter (whom some Republicans don't even agree with because of her extreme views) to back yourself, I know its a fruitless argument.

Every religion has its fanatics. Ever hear of the KKK? A problem with Islam is that its most prevalent in countries that aren't very far away from tribal rule. It's not a fault of the religion.

Christian fanatics have killed waaayyyy more people in history than Islamic fanatics ever had.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
The only defense that I ever hear about it is some college professor or someone up on the news talking to the anchorman about how the religion is misunderstood. They say that its not the religion, but a few crazy individuals tainting the name or something to that effect. I guess the "few" have grown tremendously in the last 10 years. But thats usually the only argument that I head from that side. After that argument is made, the conversation always switches to American or Bush bashing. :ghost_125

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Yeah, if you're a liberal. SHe's certainly batsh!t insane to them. Of course, they're the sane ones.... yeah... that's it....

No, if you're not some blind follower. That woman is crazy. I'm far from a "liberal," but she is definitely nutso in my book.

and to say she was playing devil's advocate...here is the rest of the quote, along with some other equally stupid quotes of hers - "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

"The only beef Enron employees have with top management is that management did not inform employees of the collapse in time to allow them to get in on the swindle. If Enron executives had shouted, "Head for the hills!" the employees might have had time to sucker other Americans into buying wildly over-inflated Enron stock. Just because your boss is a criminal doesn't make you a hero."

"There are no good Democrats."

COULTER: I take the biblical idea. God gave us the earth.

PETER FENN (Democratic strategist): Oh, OK.

COULTER: We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees.

FENN: This is a great idea.

COULTER: God says, "Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours."

FENN: Terrific. We're Americans, so we should consume as much of the earth's resources...

COULTER: Yes! Yes.

FENN: ... as fast as we possibly can.

COULTER: As opposed to living like the Indians.

""Cheney is my ideal man. Because he's solid. He's funny. He's very handsome. He was a football player. People don't think about him as the glamour type because he's a serious person, he wears glasses, he's lost his hair. But he's a very handsome man. And you cannot imagine him losing his temper, which I find extremely sexy. Men who get upset and lose their tempers and claim to be sensitive males: talk about girly boys. No, there's a reason hurricanes are named after women and homosexual men, it's one of our little methods of social control. We're supposed to fly off the handle."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"It's always so comforting when Muslims cite the precise verse from the Quran that tells them killing is wrong. Don't all empathetic human beings understand that instinctively? What if they lost their Quran that day and couldn't remember?" (bible quoters anyone?)

those are just a sampling.... the woman is nuts... I'm sorry, but if you want to support the Republican party, find a better mouthpiece to support.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
from the article:
Jalal said she and her husband are natives of Kurdistan and lived in Syria for five years before coming to America.

do I even need to explain this?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
No, if you're not some blind follower. That woman is crazy. I'm far from a "liberal," but she is definitely nutso in my book.

and to say she was playing devil's advocate...here is the rest of the quote, along with some other equally stupid quotes of hers - "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

"The only beef Enron employees have with top management is that management did not inform employees of the collapse in time to allow them to get in on the swindle. If Enron executives had shouted, "Head for the hills!" the employees might have had time to sucker other Americans into buying wildly over-inflated Enron stock. Just because your boss is a criminal doesn't make you a hero."

"There are no good Democrats."

COULTER: I take the biblical idea. God gave us the earth.

PETER FENN (Democratic strategist): Oh, OK.

COULTER: We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees.

FENN: This is a great idea.

COULTER: God says, "Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours."

FENN: Terrific. We're Americans, so we should consume as much of the earth's resources...

COULTER: Yes! Yes.

FENN: ... as fast as we possibly can.

COULTER: As opposed to living like the Indians.

""Cheney is my ideal man. Because he's solid. He's funny. He's very handsome. He was a football player. People don't think about him as the glamour type because he's a serious person, he wears glasses, he's lost his hair. But he's a very handsome man. And you cannot imagine him losing his temper, which I find extremely sexy. Men who get upset and lose their tempers and claim to be sensitive males: talk about girly boys. No, there's a reason hurricanes are named after women and homosexual men, it's one of our little methods of social control. We're supposed to fly off the handle."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"It's always so comforting when Muslims cite the precise verse from the Quran that tells them killing is wrong. Don't all empathetic human beings understand that instinctively? What if they lost their Quran that day and couldn't remember?" (bible quoters anyone?)

those are just a sampling.... the woman is nuts... I'm sorry, but if you want to support the Republican party, find a better mouthpiece to support.

While I trust in you that they are true quotes, back them up. Sources please.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Punk said:
Every religion has its fanatics. Ever hear of the KKK? A problem with Islam is that its most prevalent in countries that aren't very far away from tribal rule. It's not a fault of the religion.

What's your point? We're fighting a war on terror, they're fighting a "religious" war. Can you not see this? And last I checked, the KKK isn't launching operations worldwide, killing innocent people. They're quite small nowadays, and quite localized.

Christian fanatics have killed waaayyyy more people in history than Islamic fanatics ever had.

True. But now it's today, and the hijacked religion of our era is Islam. I worked with a lot of Muslims at my school. Most were OK people. Most were also foreign students. Barely any of them denounced Al Qaeda. Of course, it didn't surprise me. How often do people come to this country to take from it an education, and hate it at the same time?

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Patmack18 said:
So they've been living in america for 5 years.. and using a mosque to cover his actions. Whats your point?

you need alittle help on the up take, no problem

They are natives to a country where following their religious leaders is the law of the land, this is what they are accustomed to. So they come to the US for a job, they are still gonna follow what they were brought up on, following their religious leaders. It just happens that their closest religious leader is in a mosque in New York.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Organized religion is inherently a power struggle. Until people start realizing that and stop arguing that their God is better than my God, and practice tolerance (conviently forgot about in teaching it seems), violence like this will continue forever. Christianity has done more than their fair share of violence...far more than Islam. Islam just happens to be the most recently-violent of the two. Hypocrisy reigns supreme in both religions....the most vocal pillars of just about every major religion are usually those who follow it only when it suits them the best (OBL, Jim Baker, Al Sadr, Coulter to name a few).

You people with binary thought patterns really get me. This "Im 100% right and you're 100% wrong business"...."You are with us or against us, there is no middle" Just a few years ago America wasn't this polarized.

And Fly Navy, I have neither the time nor the inclination to make stuff up for a thread like this. Those are quotes from Ms Coulter, if you don't believe me, punch up google, but I'm not going out and citing every one of them.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Fly Navy said:
What's your point? We're fighting a war on terror, they're fighting a "religious" war. Can you not see this? And last I checked, the KKK isn't launching operations worldwide, killing innocent people. They're quite small nowadays, and quite localized.

True. But now it's today, and the hijacked religion of our era is Islam. I worked with a lot of Muslims at my school. Most were OK people. Most were also foreign students. Barely any of them denounced Al Qaeda. Of course, it didn't surprise me. How often do people come to this country to take from it an education, and hate it at the same time?

I guess that moon we were agreeing under has long since vanished.

I was using the KKK as an example. They were killing innocent people, just not on a worldwide basis. Patmack pointed out that how a fanatic can rally his people behind them. I was simply pointing out that this isn't the first time this has happened and isn't unique to Islam.

By the way, they are killing people, Americans, Spaniards, whoever, not just based on their faith. They are not out to kill Americans just because they are Christians, they are out to kill Americans for being Americans. They are using their religion to rally this cause. This is why I have a problem calling their side a "religious" war. Now, if they were just out to kill Christians, sure, no problem, religious war it is.

We are fighting a war against terror. Not against Islam. Just like they are fighting a war against Americans, not just Christian Americans.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
squeeze said:
Until people start realizing that and stop arguing that their God is better than my God, and practice tolerance (conviently forgot about in teaching it seems), violence like this will continue forever.

I agree with the point in theory, but it's not something that I think will ever happen. Even if people put their differences and feelings aside, they will not dissappear. Unfortunatly, I think that this will only stop once one side destroys the other and there is no one left with the will to fight for their cause.

Punk said:
They are using their religion to rally this cause. This is why I have a problem calling their side a "religious" war. Now, if they were just out to kill Christians, sure, no problem, religious war it is.

Many of the islamic terrorists/fighters have indeed used the religion to draw more people in, but that still makes it a religious war. Maybe all of the leaders are using the religion as a tactic, but all of the people who are drawn into battle truely believe that the religion is the cause that they are fighting for. This is the reason that many of them unite and started fighting in the first place.

But I will definately agree with you on the whole hatred of Americans concept. It is the mission of many of the terror groups to kill Americans whether they be military or civilian.

Status
Not open for further replies.