• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTTMahurin

I applied for the NROTC scholarship fund. I am still waiting to hear if I got it or not but I really don't even know what I am applying for. It was a last minute thing, my recruiter told me about it and told me I should try for it. I applied right at the end of the year to get it in on time and wasn't really able to ask many questions as to what I was applying for. I know it gives me a scholarship for college but what is NROTC? Any answers would help.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
CTT,

NROTC is another of the Navy's commissioning programs. What NROTC Midshipmen do is we take a 3 hour class every semester that is Navy related and we also take a drill period (2 hours each week). In addition to all of this, we are organized into companies and platoons and do a lot of extra stuff on top of drill and class. We also do morning PT which can be 1 to 3 times a week depending on how the unit runs things. We wear uniforms once a week on campus. You still have a lot of freedoms as far as being a college student goes...just dont get in trouble because you can get into trouble with the NROTC unit. Otherwise, I think NROTC is a blast!

Noze

CTTMahurin

Thanks for responding. That helps alot. I was also wondering do you still go to OCS after going through the NROTC program?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
CTT,

You only go to OCS if you are a Marine Option. The Navy side does 3 "summer cruises" instead, one after your freshman, soph, and junior years. Hope that helps.

Nozeman

Status
Not open for further replies.