• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC questions about jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLockheed

Wanderer
Im currently enlisted in the Air National Guard, and once i get off orders im going back to school. I will have my associates hopefully soon and am looking to transfer to a college that has a NROTC detachment. My question is, how does the navy decide whos gonna do what and when do they do it reguarding rotc?
Any input would really be appriciated.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As far as service selection (i.e. Surface, Submarine, Aviation, etc.)? That is determined by personal selection, overall ranking with the rest of the nation's NROTC midshipmen in your class, and needs of the Navy. You officially select the beginning of your senior year.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Yeah, senior year is the ticket. Everyone's basic designator is swo and in order to get into the other communities, you need to jump through some hurdles. Ex. Aviation: Physical/ASTB, Nuke: Interview. It really doesn't get tense until your senior year. So relax until then.

sailorgloom

It's the same in the Navy as it is in the Guard: The needs of the Navy are first. However, you do get a chance for input. Provided you meet the qualifications (physically, mentally, chronologically, etc.) and the end-strength numbers are good to go, you should be okay.

-SG

JLockheed

Wanderer
thanks for the info, Im trying to figure out which route i want to go, to finish my degree and get a commission. I had originally wanted to go into afrotc, but the navy seems to give you more of a chance to get a job you want (that and most of there bases are on beaches :))

JLockheed

Wanderer
war fighter jobs!!!! oh shoot, i thought it was a free ride :( j/k
I love the military, and dont mind doing what ever job i end up doing.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haha you misunderstood me. I was making a joke on the Air Farce ;-)

JLockheed

Wanderer
haha, Thats what i thought at first, but then i got all analitical (i know i cant spell) :)
Thats one of the things that have drawn me towards the navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.