• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Chances

JackJ1524

Hi everyone, I know there are a of these threads out there but I just wanted to get a few more opinions. My name is Jack and I'm currently a high school junior in Massachusetts at a pretty competitive public high school. My current GPA is a 4.0 out of 5 (for freshman and sophomore year) and I take AP history and biology as well as Honors Physics and English. I'm in regular Algebra and Spanish. I plan to drop Spanish next year and take two math classes along with engineering. I hope to attend the academy, VT, BU or Norwitch college and study engineering. For sports I play varsity football and JV baseball as well as ski club in the winter. I'm a member of the National Honors Society and a church public service group. My leadership experience is that I was a part of my schools student government as well as participating in football leadership council and Nowrwich Univerity's FLC program. Im going to be the president of our school's Model UN club next year. I plan on taking both the SAT and ACT this spring. In addition I got in contact with the head of NROTC for my area and he is going to guide me through everything I need to get in for the first drafboard deadline. I also got invited to the Academy to shadow a midshipman for the weekend so I'll be doing that over feb break. I intend on doing aviation in the Navy but surface warfare would be cool also. What are my chances of getting a scholarship as of now? It doesn't need to be four years, but is there anything I can improve? Thanks for the input.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
I'm sure there are other more qualified to answer, but my $.02 is that you are a strong candidate for either the Academy or NROTC. Just understand that you've got a long way to go before you will find out what warfare community you'll get to enter, so focus on your academics first and worry about being a pilot last.

JackJ1524

I'm sure there are other more qualified to answer, but my $.02 is that you are a strong candidate for either the Academy or NROTC. Just understand that you've got a long way to go before you will find out what warfare community you'll get to enter, so focus on your academics first and worry about being a pilot last.
Will do. Thank you!

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
ACT/SAT will matter A LOT. Sounds like you're on a good track, but those test scores are very important. I would encourage you to take one, the other, or both as often as you can. I think you'll find that there is an art to standardized test taking, and the more you take them the better you'll continue to do.

Ed21

ACT/SAT will matter A LOT. Sounds like you're on a good track, but those test scores are very important. I would encourage you to take one, the other, or both as often as you can. I think you'll find that there is an art to standardized test taking, and the more you take them the better you'll continue to do.

Second this. The average ACT for this years NROTC scholarship winners was a 31. You should be fine with a 30+ score, especially one that's strong in the Math section.