• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NPC Lat xfer Website

SurfaceToAir

So, I'm a baby-SWO right now. I was commissioned May 07 and should be qualified SWO by the end of April. I want to transfer to Aviation soon after that. I've looked at the NPC site and read both the 1212-010 and 1542-010 instructions. As soon as I get my pin, I'll be voicing my desire to transfer, scheduling the flight physical and taking the ASTB. Is there anything else I can do to strengthen my chances of getting redesignated? Thanks!

Arkad

So, I'm a baby-SWO right now. I was commissioned May 07 and should be qualified SWO by the end of April. I want to transfer to Aviation soon after that. I've looked at the NPC site and read both the 1212-010 and 1542-010 instructions. As soon as I get my pin, I'll be voicing my desire to transfer, scheduling the flight physical and taking the ASTB. Is there anything else I can do to strengthen my chances of getting redesignated? Thanks!

SWO is undermanned through DH, might want to alter expectations a bit as I don't believe SWOs are in any position to lose anyone from your YG.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
SWO is undermanned through DH, might want to alter expectations a bit as I don't believe SWOs are in any position to lose anyone from your YG.

I thought the past year or so SWO has been VERY difficult to get. I've heard more than one case where a ROTC mid got NFO/SNA as a second/third choice where SWO was first. Am I wrong?? (insert Walter/Big Lebowski humor)

Arkad

Demand for SWOs ebbs and flows, but today it is in high demand at the JO level especially. Retention is low, so outgoing lat transfer opportunities are almost nil.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Demand for SWOs ebbs and flows, but today it is in high demand at the JO level especially. Retention is low, so outgoing lat transfer opportunities are almost nil.

"The world wonders......."

Shenanigan

Hey guys! I'm new here and just graduated college last month (I know, youngin lol)..I'm in the process of applying to OCS for SWO, despite the efforts of my bro to get me to apply for pilot (he's USNA '06 and just finished primary in Pensacola!). I know someone from the academy that was my bro's friend there who went SWO to a whale's vag..I mean San Diego lol, and apparently is traveling like crazy and just havin a great overall time, kinda motivated me..but I kinda wanted to do it myself too...anyway, I'm thinking about transferring (if I can) from SWO to Intel after a while..does anyone know if something like this is a really possibility or know anyone who's done this?? :confused: I've always had an interest in intel but want to have a warfare pin first..any thoughts appreciated, thanx yall! :D

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
It's more than possible...check out the NAVADMINs regarding redesignation. There are usually a few 1630s (Intel) that get picked up from SWO.

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
Nov 2008 Lateral Transfer / Redesignation Board

Since the majority of the posts in this thread involve getting into aviation (and rightly so), I'd like to open it up a bit for anyone looking (or being voluntold:icon_tong) to get out.

In light of the NAVADMIN announcing the November board...and having myself just gone through the process on the June 08 board (long time aviation to IW)...

Are there any questions, comments or concerns?

tshort

intel to aviation transfer

Hello, I just recently got selected by INTEL, and should be going to ocs sometime in jan/feb. However I was also selected for aviation(SNA), but as Intel was my first choice that is what I got, my medical was submitted, and I am curreltly awaiting my orders. Despite this, I was wondering what I could do if I wanted to transfer to aviation. Could I ask for it during OCS, after OCS, after intel school, or after my first INTEL tour? What are my options? Also is a intel/aviation transfer likely?