• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not a Gun Thread, but a GOLF THREAD!

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Was in an office tourney today. They invented the concept of the "best ball" round to allow guys like me to escape a lynching by their partners. Can't complain - day off from work drinking beer.

To quote from Ferris Bueller: "Do you realize if we played by the rules we'd be in gym right now?"

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm a golpher ... excuse me, I mean a golfer --- but since you asked: did you ever notice how many people leave the golf course with a smile on their face?? And how many leave the rifle/pistol range with a smile ??

I took an informal survey a few years back ... and Yes, it's true ... shooters are happier .... and so are AW's with the smiley lamp lit :)

Pags

N/A
pilot
Best Ball is a great way to let us mortals play with and enjoy a game of golf with someone a bit more experienced. And how can you knock anything that gets you out of the office and puts a beer in your hand?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Oh, I got nothing against shooting, I just thought I'd start a thread about a different hobby that a few aviators are known to occasionally enjoy (and quite often hate with a passion unknown in a few other sports).

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
A4sForever said:
I'm a golpher ... excuse me, I mean a golfer --- but since you asked: did you ever notice how many people leave the golf course with a smile on their face?? And how many leave the rifle/pistol range with a smile ??

I took an informal survey a few years back ... and Yes, it's true ... shooters are happier .... and so are AW's with the smiley lamp lit :)
I think its from the sense of satisfaction that you're getting to punish the target (shooting) instead of the target punishing you (golf). :icon_mi_1

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Soooooooooooooooooooo ...... let's name drop. What are some of the more famous or exotic courses you've played???

To start:

pebble1gc.jpg
... the 18th @ Pebble Beach

pi22grandeisland0np.jpg
... The BEACH ... @ Grande Island, P.I. (par 3 pitch & putt) ... :)

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
A4sForever said:
did you ever notice how many people leave the golf course with a smile on their face?? And how many leave the rifle/pistol range with a smile ??
Depends how much you had to drink. Shooting and drinking... you might leave with more than a smile!
Pags said:
Favorite Courses?
Used to shoot OK before flight school.

Favorite course: Torrey Pines -- best municipal course in the country overlooking the Pacific & under the course rules from Miramar. I remember paying 12 bucks during the summer twilight hours and getting in an entire 18. If you go, bring some evidence that you're a San Diego resident for the good discount.

http://www.torreypinesgolfcourse.com/
http://genesis.sannet.gov/infospc/templates/torrey_pines/torrey/index.jsp

Attachments

• interior_course.jpg
    interior_course.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 48

Pags

N/A
pilot
I never got to play Pebble...but I did play Pacific Grove's Muni course, which was damn nice, and a lot cheaper. Del Monte golf course was also nice as well Bayonet.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most exotic.
Dubai Creek- shot a 139 and damn proud of it. For a desert people they usre like the water hazard

helldog

Massanutten, in the West Virginia mountains. In winter, it's got some great skiing, but in summer, there's mountain biking and awesome golf along the mountains, with severely sloped, challenging fairways, and spectacular tees on cliffs that overlook a cushy fairway hundreds of feet below. Deer and furry woodland creatures abound (take a stroke off if you ding one!) and if you forgot you clubs, their rental sets are superb.