• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Normal/Emergency Audio in the 57

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
What exactly does the Normal/Emergency audio switch do in the 57? I know it says in the NATOPS that it provides audio to the pilot in case of a malfunction, but what does that mean?

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Are both the pilot and copilot ICS powered by the same bus? If not, therein lies the answer (i.e. drawing power from a different bus). Another possibility is the method of signal amplification. Perhaps each station has its own amplifier, and in the case one sh!ts the bed, the other one will pick up the load in emergency position.

Rubiks06

pilot
I do know that when you use the emergency setting the side tone goes away i dont know if that helps.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
ICS normal right and emergency left are on the Essential #1 bus. Normal left and emergency right are on the Ess #2. Each KMA-24H (Audio Control Panel) has a built-in intercom with its own amplifier. Emergency mode lets you use the other amp sans side-tone.