• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Norfolk vs. San Diego

Best dis-associated sea tour (CVN) location

• Total voters

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
FDNF deployments are much shorter and easier than CONUS based deployments... There's just a lot more of them, so it's a massive trade off.

NastyPrior

pilot
I should have mentioned I already did the FDNF Yoko thing on the USS Kitty Hawk, aka Shitty Kitty, or my favorite....SATAN'S FLAGSHIP. Doing officer's laundry, working in the scullery, non-skid teams, boat rats, and the ship going DIW randomly might be enough for me to have severe flashbacks if I go to Japan. I'll probably be the first man overboard "actual" if I went back. The ports are not a factor as I've seen most the Westpac ports three times over. Although the shows in Thailand, and puking on the liberty boats in Kowloon bay is always a good time it's looking like all the votes are going to SD. Thank you for adding the poll...very cool.

kejo

pilot
As I finish my shooter tour here in Norfolk having never been stationed here before, it's really not a bad place to live. Also, I was underway for over half my time here, so that might be influencing my opinion.

On the other hand, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to be heading back to San Diego (where I did my JO tour) :D