• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nontraditional start career advice

robav8r

None
Contributor
. . . I just will have to work on relating to my peers a little more than your standard ensign will.

Not unlike the many prior E's that have gone before you. Just don't confuse relating to your peers because of an age difference with trusting & relying on them in the A/C and squadron.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think you're jumping the gun a bit. Younger, as in age/ maturity, is the main factor for me. I'm about as green as ensigns get, I'm still waiting for orders to leave my school. You might be able to understand then why I would find it harder to fit into the 20-21 year old crowd of people lurking around the college... It has nothing to do with trust. People like what they are familiar with, and I just will have to work on relating to my peers a little more than your standard ensign will. However, knowing that prior to flight school will make a big difference, and that is what I was trying to stress--that's what I am thankful for.
I think you've got the right outlook. You'll do fine. ;)

Brett