• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NHA Fleet Fly-In @ NDZ

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The policy that was put out was no pilot seats for anyhting but Cobras, even though Hueys are also singel piloted. We brought NI/ANIs down and still couldnt fly studs in the Hueys. The Shitters and Phrogs brought RAG birds and IPs (you know the guys who teach newly winged guys to fly their aircraft) and they couldnt either. i dont kno where this came from, in the past all fleet birds were open to SNA flights.

Maybe next year for me, I had a good time last year.

Puddlz

Where's the head?
pilot
It came directly from the DCA. No person may pilot a Marine Corps aircraft unless he/she has an instrument rating and NATOPS check.....so the Marines were left standing there on the flightline watching all the Navy studs fly. It was embarassing. They got to ride in the back of a phrog (from HMM-774) , but as one student told me, "Sir, I did plenty of that $hit at TBS, I wanted to fly the thing."

Right now I'm told there isn't a single Marine helo that has committed to flying in for the fleet fly in. Hopefully that changes in the next couple of weeks. Our Marine studs need some motivation!

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
If they aren't going to let the guys fly them, I'd rather see them work out some drug deal and have more Navy helo's, and let the Marines fly something. That was a huge run on.