• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO...where are they now?

dtvonly

Since vast majority of aircraft on carrier are now f-18, what happened to the vast majority of NFOs? Have they resigned or reassigned to a desk duties?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FLYING in every CVN airwing.
E-2 x3 NFOs ea.
EA-18 x1 NFO ea.
F/A-18F x1 NFO ea.

Hundreds of NFOs flying in VP and VQ.

Now, what was your question?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since vast majority of aircraft on carrier are now f-18, what happened to the vast majority of NFOs? Have they resigned or reassigned to a desk duties?

If only you hadn’t started a thread asking essentially the same question 3 years ago and gotten pretty much the same answers...

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Bob...Bob’s in Oklahoma.
Dave is in Nevada with Mark and Wayne.
Mary is in Jacksonville.
Mike is in Norfolk.
Chuck....hold on...do you need me to tell you where they’ve ALL gone?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Right up until COVID, airlines were not uncommon destinations.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
This is a legit question to ask WRT the Marine Corps...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Since it has been addressed probably a dozen times on this site, I question its legitimacy. :)

Fair enough. Perhaps relevant would be a better word.

Funnily enough, I've flown with "the last" Marine NFO, or EP-3 NFO, many times over the last four years. Had a sim with the last couple Marine NFOs yet again last week.

There will always be one more!