• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Vision Requirements

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's per eye. My current prescription is -5.25 in my left and -4.75 in my right, but my last eye exam indicated my vision is getting worse. I still passed my flight physical because I'm still correctable to 20/20.

fergz89

It's per eye. My current prescription is -5.25 in my left and -4.75 in my right, but my last eye exam indicated my vision is getting worse. I still passed my flight physical because I'm still correctable to 20/20.
Thank you very much!! making me even more moto, knowing my eyes won't be a problem!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I think as long as you are correctable you should be good, I don't think there is an upper limit if you are winged.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that you are shore duty, you should look into LASIK or PRK.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah going to get a consult next month. I have to be flying sometimes these next couple weeks so can't go med down for the healing time, but by the end of February I'll have a chunk of time to heal.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You will need to wear glasses for a month prior to surgery.....start now. I went the LASIK route and was only med down for two weeks. PRK is a lot longer. Start the consult as soon as you can, because sometimes there is a backlog. I think from initial consult to completion was about 6 months.

Gillie1985

My eyes are corrected 20/20. I have a slight depth perception. Yet, also worked in Aviation as a AM. Is my current vision off for NFO? -5.25/-4.25, like I said it's corrected. Far away it's blurry but have no problem seeing up close.