• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO to SNA???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

We all have heard the foot in the door theory. And since Pilot Slots are probably done by now this is probably what I will be left with.

Question, how plausible is to move from NFO to SNA after the NFO requirements (18 months see tour) are fulfilled. I found that the Navy gives 24-30 NFO's a year this option

Also would it be better to go jet, props
pipeline??

And how are fast are the NFO slots fulling???.. I still need a job!!!

patbrown08

What you need to keep in mind about the NFO to Pilot program, is that it was another means to fill much needed pilot slots. If there are not any pilot slots to fill, it doesn't matter what avenue you are trying to use to get there. I guess the only advantage would be that you would probably get some additional consideration because you have already established your ability to perform in the aviation community and will have some fitreps to show what kind of person you are. There are no gaurantees that there will be an NFO to Pilot program when you complete the original obligation as an NFO.

jmac12

I asked the same question on this post about a month ago. I had eye surgery in May, so my recruiter told me I could apply to switch from NFO to Pilot after my 90 days, which is in mid August, although I am now hearing that the Pilot slots are basically closed. Another problem with my timetable is that I start OCS on Sept 15. I have also been told that you can apply for a switch from NFO to Pilot sometime before, during, or after API. Not real sure when this is or what the process requires. Keep me posted on what you hear. thanks...John

WFUNFO

Hi all,
I'm a future NFO ending Intermediate right now, and here's some advice: don't hold your breath for the FO to Pilot program. When I came through API, I found out that the program has been shut down since last February, and there are no plans to reactivate it any time soon. Right now, there is too pressing a need for both FOs and pilots for anyone to be allowed to switch. In addition, only those who have completed at least a 3-year tour or more will be considered for the slots. Food for thought, since recruiters truly can't be trusted to tell the truth. Keep in mind that they are salesmen, and they'll tell you what you want to hear in order to sign that contract. Good luck to you all.

Jason

I just talked to my recruiter he said I'm still in the running for a pilot slot. he said they had about 435 pilots a year(OCS)and said they pick about one a day.

Although he may be blowing smoke up the ol' wazzoo I still hold some hope

Ed Williams

like it was said earlier, the fo to pilot program is not happening, and proabably won't be happening for a while. all i can say is being in th eback seat will be cool to.
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.