• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO to (Private) Pilot and Beyond

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
In case anyone is interested, here's an update:

I signed up this weekend for a school/flying club out of Skagit Regional Airport. Their Chief CFI is an instructor at VAQ-129, and they're very military friendly; it's basically the NASWI Flying Club from what I'm told. They've applied for Part 141 status, but I'm told they won't be approved until they have a Commercial syllabus up and running.

I've got my (very bare bones) log book in order and will be meeting with a CFI on Saturday for orientation and to sit down and come up with a training plan. Like many of you said, it seems like I'll fly enough hours with a CFI to get current and knock out my BFR, then I plan on starting on my Instrument Rating.

Now I've just got to get back in the books and start working the monkey skills.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In case anyone is interested, here's an update:

I signed up this weekend for a school/flying club out of Skagit Regional Airport. Their Chief CFI is an instructor at VAQ-129, and they're very military friendly; it's basically the NASWI Flying Club from what I'm told. They've applied for Part 141 status, but I'm told they won't be approved until they have a Commercial syllabus up and running.

I've got my (very bare bones) log book in order and will be meeting with a CFI on Saturday for orientation and to sit down and come up with a training plan. Like many of you said, it seems like I'll fly enough hours with a CFI to get current and knock out my BFR, then I plan on starting on my Instrument Rating.

Now I've just got to get back in the books and start working the monkey skills.
Just don't tarnish those double anchors in the process. ;)

OscarMyers

None
Does anyone have any info on how the VA computes part 141 flight training to deduct from monthly benefits? I figured out how they compute part time grad school time, but I'm not sure how they apply flight training.

I have a little under a year left of benefits and have a couple masters classes left. I'd like to see if I can squeeze a commercial pilots license out of it, since I already have a PPL and IR. I'm at Pt. Mugu, so if anyone has any local contacts that would be solid too.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Does anyone have any info on how the VA computes part 141 flight training to deduct from monthly benefits? I figured out how they compute part time grad school time, but I'm not sure how they apply flight training.

I have a little under a year left of benefits and have a couple masters classes left. I'd like to see if I can squeeze a commercial pilots license out of it, since I already have a PPL and IR. I'm at Pt. Mugu, so if anyone has any local contacts that would be solid too.

Take a look at California Aeronautical University over at Oxnard Airport. They should have an easy lock on how to use VA Benefits. It is a pretty big program.

BigLuvin

pilot
None

I’m a little late to the party but my recommendation is to join RTAG Nation on Facebook. One of the founders of that group, Erick Sabiston has posted and helped a lot of vets with their flight training. Some even getting their ratings for free.

Last edited: