• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO to Pilot

Jimhoff302

Warrior1
Hey guys I just had a quick question from a non-prior service perspective. Have any of you or do you know anybody that started out as a naval flight officer and And serve the full-term then transferred to pilot? I’m asking because the main goal is to be a pilot and if I don’t get selected I was thinking of applying for Naval flight officer as well on the second go around.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey guys I just had a quick question from a non-prior service perspective. Have any of you or do you know anybody that started out as a naval flight officer and And serve the full-term then transferred to pilot? I’m asking because the main goal is to be a pilot and if I don’t get selected I was thinking of applying for Naval flight officer as well on the second go around.

It’s possible but very very slim pickings.

DO NOT APPLY TO BE AN NFO THINKING YOU HAVE A SHOT TO SWITCH AND BE A PILOT!!!

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

What @RUFiO181 said; plus you can’t “serve the full term” and then transition. At best, you’ll get two shots (most likely only one) towards the end of your first squadron tour (around 3 years post wings)

Try searching around the site a bit. There are a bunch of threads that go into detail on your question.