• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO to Pilot Program Package Question

NavyGator09

None
Contributor
Hey everyone,
Looking at putting in a package for the NFO to Pilot program that has a board in May. I have seen the sample application on BUPERS and it seems pretty straight forward, but the application looks like it has a portion where you are to write about the value of becoming a pilot to you and a little bit about your qualifications and successes in your squadron so far. I was just wondering if anyone has put in a package and could send me this portion of your package...just trying to get a good feel for content, flow, etc. Thanks for the help!

RiseR 25

Sorry I know that I'm not experienced in either field sir. I know I face the same question from retired O-5 pilots as to why I would like to be a pilot when I ask for LORs. I know it seems like a no brainer but perhaps what has made you a distinguished NFO thus far sir...? From your experience have you seen a good portion of NFOs switch over? I'm just curious.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was just wondering if anyone has put in a package and could send me this portion of your package...just trying to get a good feel for content, flow, etc. Thanks for the help!
Actually, what are your real reasons for wanting to make the switch from NFO to Pilot? Ask yourself why you really want to drive the bus, how this change will benefit both the Navy & your career (considering the $$$/training you received as an NFO). How will your new community or unit benefit. Would you want to return to your present command as a pilot? Does/did your NFO performance to date rate a positive recommendation? Do you want to change communities, or pilot P-3/-8s. Are you now interested in driving 'pointy nose' jets/rotary wing... why?. What about time lost (career/promotion wise) undergoing the extra 18-24 mos. flight training. Think about all of these and more and it should help justify in writing why they should make this extra investment in you. Wish I could add more, hope this helps some.:)
BzB

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Just tell them that you were my TACCO and saw the pure essence of awesome that was your PPC. You'll be golden.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Sorry I know that I'm not experienced in either field sir. I know I face the same question from retired O-5 pilots as to why I would like to be a pilot when I ask for LORs. I know it seems like a no brainer but perhaps what has made you a distinguished NFO thus far sir...? From your experience have you seen a good portion of NFOs switch over? I'm just curious.

NFO to Pilot switch overs aren't uncommon, but the opportunity is rare and slots are highly competitive amongst candidates.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Just tell them that you were my TACCO and saw the pure essence of awesome that was your PPC. You'll be golden.
Or he can tell him that you were his PPC and scared the shit out of him so badly he feels he is lucky to still be alive. So if he ever wants to fly again he needs to be the pilot otherwise he will never get back in a plane.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Or he can tell him that you were his PPC and scared the shit out of him so badly he feels he is lucky to still be alive. So if he ever wnats to fly again he needs to be the pilot otherwise he will never get back in a plane.

It's ok to be frightened by the essence of awesome. Not everyone can handle this.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
And you two are now IPs

The circle of hate/life is completed

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk

I did the p3 IP thing and decided if I was going to teach NUBs, I wasn't doing it without a seat and some silk.