• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Questions

TexasTools

None
Thank you! I thought I had read that, but wanted to check.

Strictly scuttlebutt from checking into the RAG up in Norfolk though, don't be surprised if it changes back to getting wings in Norfolk in the future. You can PM me for more details, but don't let that sway your decision making process in anyway; just an FYI.

KilroyUSN

Prior EM1(SS) - LTJG - VP P-8 NFO COTAC
None
Strictly scuttlebutt from checking into the RAG up in Norfolk though, don't be surprised if it changes back to getting wings in Norfolk in the future. You can PM me for more details, but don't let that sway your decision making process in anyway; just an FYI.

We are hearing the same scuttlebutt at VP-30.

mhunter

None
It doesn't really matter to me where I get winged. Pensacola, Norfolk, it's all the same to me. The main goal is to just get them! Thank you for the information though.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
We are hearing the same scuttlebutt at VP-30.
VP-30 just switched a bunch of the VT-4 P-8 selectees to P-3/EP-3 and doubling up their sims to push them through ASAP. I guess they had to go back to taking some guys straight from VT-10 again to fill classes.

foxtrotter

You have the controls
None
Seems like they're switching it back to the way it used to be fairly quickly. Is it just that the pipeline is too slow with NFOs winging out of Pcola, or is there something else at play?

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Seems like they're switching it back to the way it used to be fairly quickly. Is it just that the pipeline is too slow with NFOs winging out of Pcola, or is there something else at play?
Right now, it's just the guys going to VP-30. We're being told that FRS needs more P3 NFOs than projected and they're trying to fill spots ASAP. Us E-2 guys and the poolees are still sticking around.

Atreyu098

However the amount of things that will change by the time you get here will be incredible. 6 months ago, when I started VT-10, there was no wait for VT-86 (jets); now there is a 6 month wait. Things move differently each month.