• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Pipeline

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
There are five fam flights in SNFO Primary. Stick time is still a thing, more or less depending on the IP’s comfort level and student's ability to do NFO things. If you can’t do your part, I’m sure as hell not letting you fly.
My contacts on-wing was fresh out of the FIT, so I never got to fly despite having pretty good events. In INAV and VNAV, the "salty senior IPs" let me fly everything other than takeoff and landing (except for one PAR) which was really fun, especially for someone who got the anthro NAMI whammy a few months prior.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I may have told this story before, but...

Coming back on a FAM 2 with my on-wing from Area 2, we needed to go to Points Alpha and Charlie. At the initial turn point, he didn't turn the direction that he should have , so I said, "Hey, that way," and tapped the stick with the palm of my hand. No control swap occurred.

The plane started to bank left, and I had one hand on the PCL ICS and the other hanging off the canopy handle, in clear view of his mirrors. The bank continued, and I was pretty sure I knew what was going down, but figured I'd let it develop some more to see what happened.

As the plane continued through 75 degrees AOB, I see his head starting to move around more and finally coming up to look at me in the mirrors. "Sir, what are you doing? Are you...?"

"Dude, I'm not flying, you are."

"Uh.."

At that point the plane was at 90 degrees, so I took controls and snapped it back to level and on course, then passed him the controls. After that, things degraded quickly and he passed the controls back due to air sickness, as he did not appreciate my roll rate back to level.

About that time, a FITU bird had a hard landing at NSE, so everyone had to hold. We were told to hold at Charlie and I REALLY needed to pee. My on-wing was just mush at that point, so...let's see if we got this...

Some of the most impressive air work I've ever done happened that day, maintaining a holding pattern and altitude without an autopilot while able to manage proper suction flow and keeping it all in the cone of relief. I'm pretty sure that probably deserved an air medal or something.