• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Physical Requirement

jshugars71

Hi all,

I had a question regarding MEPS and the qualifications for NFO. I am currently hovering around 247 pounds at 75 inches (6'3") in height. I know this is over the weight limit but I am under the body fat percentge requirements. However, for flight training you must be under 235 (which I can very well achieve down the line). Will going to MEPS and passing over 235 lbs affect the decision made by the board? Or will they simply see that I passed my physical and not take into consideration my stature? Thanks in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi all,

I had a question regarding MEPS and the qualifications for NFO. I am currently hovering around 247 pounds at 75 inches (6'3") in height. I know this is over the weight limit but I am under the body fat percentge requirements. However, for flight training you must be under 235 (which I can very well achieve down the line). Will going to MEPS and passing over 235 lbs affect the decision made by the board? Or will they simply see that I passed my physical and not take into consideration my stature? Thanks in advance.

Ask your recruiter about this

Hillbilly Gargoyle

Leisure Suit model and aspiring mariachi bassist
I think it's 231lb or less (max safe ejection seat weight) , and you have to be anthropometrically 'sizable' for the T-6A at TRAWING SIX. They will weight/measure you at API *once,* and the MEPS dudes should know this. If overweight or too big, you'll be up for redesignation. If you pass the wicket but balloon back up, you'll be removed.