• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Commander of USS Harry S. Truman

kejo

pilot
I’d be Skipper Riebe’s Strike Ops in a heartbeat. Cause that’s probably what’ll happen

Notanaviator

Contributor
Big XO of Stennis is a helo guy, and interestingly I think was an HSC 84 or 85 guy, maybe a little unconventional given those guys’ expeditionary nature?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you don't want to be Shanghaied into the Nuke program, just be like me and take zero math or science classes in college. :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haven't heard of too many of those billets going to TACAIR guys. Does that even happen?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
It's a glass ceiling, no matter how many pointy nose Navy guys who hang out in the amphibious planning briefs during their dissociated tours it's still a lot of work to bring them up to speed on how the blue-green combat team dominates the littorals.

:p

Actually, my first CO on my dissociated (PHIBRON staff) was a post-major command Navy F-18 guy. His major command tour had been a gator back when OEF started.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who’s to say what will happen in the brave new control-grade world
Sure, but it seems like the MPA and RW folks usually get those gigs and those post-command O5 inventories are much better than TACAIR. Those detailers also have to fill the various TACAIR coded CVN jobs.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, give me an MCMRON! Something I'm completely unqualified to do. Wooden ships, embarrassing groundings in 7th Fleet... and mines! Lots and lots of mines!

At least it's shore duty in San Diego.