• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO career opportunities?

Spook9

What options are out there as an NFO?
Which platforms are the most popular/largest? Which are the most difficult to get into?

New to the aviation side of the house so I'd like to learn more about the NFO world. I wanted to post those rather open ended questions due to a limited knowledge on my part about their community.

Thank you for any input!

P3 F0

None
Have you done any actual research into this? There's a ton of info on this site alone.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What options are out there as an NFO?
Which platforms are the most popular/largest? Which are the most difficult to get into?

New to the aviation side of the house so I'd like to learn more about the NFO world. I wanted to post those rather open ended questions due to a limited knowledge on my part about their community.

Thank you for any input!

Watch Top Gun, keep a close eye on Goose.

Renegade One

None
To answer your "Thread Title" question about NFO career opportunities, you can:

Become a COCOM, like 4-star Bill Fallon (RA-5C and A-6)
Be the Superintendant of the Naval Academy, like VADM "Slapshot" Carter (F-14)
Command a numbered fleet, like VADMs Harry Harris (P-3), Nora Tyson (TACAMO) and Dave Nichols (A-6)
Command a carrier strike group, like too many to name
Command aircraft carriers, carrier air wings, squadrons…like too many to name

As you can see, any type/model/series seat can get you there…just grow where you get planted.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your career as an NFO is only limited by your first sea tour high water FITREP.