• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Age Waiver for Non-Prior

Status
Not open for further replies.

cs

I am a 30 year-old non-prior service civilian. I understand that I exceed the maximum age for NFO, but was curious about the possibility of obtaining an age waiver. I understand that the Navy will waive age for prior service, but was curious if non-priors with unusual circumstances were ever considered for waiver. I was selected for Air Force OTS in October of 2000 with a navigatort slot. But while awaiting my class date, I dislocated my knee and shredded it up pretty bad. I have since had reconstructive surgery. With much persistance, I have been cleared for military service with a fully-qualified physical. I pursued an age waiver with the AF, but pretty much just got the run-around. I have a Master's degree in economics (3.97 GPA), have played college and semi-pro football, held leadership positions in school, done volunteer work, had an article published in a peer-reviewed journal etc., so I think I would be a competitive candidate if not for the age issue (although I understand aviation slots are pretty tough to come by these days). I would really appreciate hearing any thoughts on the matter. Thank you very much.

Goliath112

I don't think you'll get any kind of waiver for NFO. The age limit is 30. And since you have no prior service you can'r get a waiver. HOWEVER.. you can still be a Staff Corp or Restricted Line officer. Like a Supply Officer, Medical Corps and the like. These are very good jobs too. But the age limit for these is 35. Here is the link. Click on this pdf. and go to page 2

https://www.cnet.navy.mil/nascweb/ocs/chapter_7_opnav_1420-1.pdf

Its not NFO but you can still be a Naval Officer. You are non-prior so I don't know if you have a pre-conceived notion about other officer jobs, but I think if you stick around this forum and ask around you will be able to gauge whether these jobs are for you. Good Luck. Happy Hunting

Rayman

Or try directing your quiry to the USMC. They might give you a waiver as long as you score perfect in their PFT(I'm not sure of this).

cs

Thank you guys for your input, I appreciate it. I'm not giving up yet. I will try the Marine Corps, thank you Rayman. I'm also considering AF Combat Resuce Officer (CRO)and have received some positive feedback about an age waiver, should I choose to go that route. Good luck to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.