• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase8710

I was wondering if anybody had heard if the intel board was even meeting in April......My recruiter told me that sometimes the Intel Board skips a month or so....the wait is killing me!!!!

MarketPro

Gouge I have gotten is the next board is in late May or early to mid June. It's a moving target.

PS: My package is in as well and I'm waiting for the response. This is the best part.

chellorraine

Wife of Intel Applicant - Waiting...
My husband (and I) are waiting for the next board too...we heard June sometime. Please post again if you hear any new info or if you get an answer! Good luck!

Logico

I submitted twice to the Intel board before I got selected. Here were my turnaround times:

Turnaround Times

1st Submission on September 22, 2003
Got rejected by Intel board December 11, 2003

2nd Submission on May 14, 2004
Received Final Acceptance June 25, 2004

Seems like there is a lot of waiting for anyone trying to go Intel. It took me a year to get in all together.

saltpeter

Boards are held in response to need to hire personnel in the future. If there is demand a board will simply not convene. In summation, do not put your life on hold. After you submit the paperwork, simply forget about it, and once a month or so give your recruiter a call to express your continued interest and if need be to update your home address and telephone number. Then to your suprise when your selected the phone will ring. Or on the other hand, if your not selected you've most definitely started a rewarding career working somewhere else.

saltpeter

The first two lines of my post mada no sense. To clarify, boards convene when the Navy needs people to fill job vacancies.

Rusty

Intel OCS Applicant
Barnard, sorry that you got turned down. I am new on this site, but have been over at NavyOCS for a little while now. I looked through some of your old posts to figure out when you turned in your app, so that I wouldn't have to ask you for it. Sounds like you turned in your app almost 2 weeks before me (I turned mine in April 16). Do you have any idea of when the board met for your selection? I am just wondering if I was in the same selection board, because I did not hear from my recruiter today, but he has been quite slow in the past with contacting me (taking 1-2 weeks before responding to phone calls and emails).
With the stats that you posted on here though, I am sure they will select you for one of the areas you are wanting to get into. Keep your head up!

mslbc

Just for stats, My husband submitted in May 04 rejected August 04, resubmitted Nov 04 was selected Feb 05. Takes time don't get discouraged. They meet when they have enough packages put in.

Rusty

Intel OCS Applicant
Ugh! Now I know why I haven't heard from my recruiter, or at least it might be the reason. He is out all week from surgery. So I have no idea if any word has come back from the selection board. Maybe I just got put asside though for this time round, who knows. Just have to keep being patient I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.