• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Working Uniforms

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Posting so others can enjoy this pull-quote:

"The real problem is that decisions are made throughout the Navy in all facets of support with—what appears to the waterfront and flight line—to be a disregard of the impact to the men and women executing the Navy’s primary mission while creating products and policies that make sense only to those in a headquarters environment."

From: https://blog.usni.org/posts/2018/08/28/first-impressions-of-the-navys-test-working-uniform

I don't know CAPT Kurtz, and I don't particularly care about uniforms that aren't flight suits. However, I really think he hits several nails on the head with those two lines.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Task Force Uniform punted it into the stands once again, just not as badly as the last few times. In other news, dog bites man...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Posting so others can enjoy this pull-quote:

"The real problem is that decisions are made throughout the Navy in all facets of support with—what appears to the waterfront and flight line—to be a disregard of the impact to the men and women executing the Navy’s primary mission while creating products and policies that make sense only to those in a headquarters environment."

From: https://blog.usni.org/posts/2018/08/28/first-impressions-of-the-navys-test-working-uniform

I don't know CAPT Kurtz, and I don't particularly care about uniforms that aren't flight suits. However, I really think he hits several nails on the head with those two lines.
Kurtz is Big XO on Nimitz, Growler guy. Good dude.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Concur with everything, great article, too much common sense. I visited some Air Force buddies recently for some drinking at their squadron, did you guys know big USAF is getting rid of the flight suit and adopting a two-piece Army camo flight suit?!? This was a heavy unit, so I'm not sure what the ejection seat crowd is doing. Crazy.

Anyways, CAPT Kurtz made me look up photos of the Japanese Surrender. Noticed this poor bastard standing OOD and 73 years later I still feel bad for him. What a day to get assigned duty! But his uniform still looks better than any of this trash they're testing right now!

france-copy-656x526.jpg

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
"5) A desire on the part of sailors having served less than ten years for an untucked uniform, as they wear their civilian clothes"

Yes, a uniform should be just like your civilian clothes... Where do we FIND such men?

Seriously, my takeaway from that article is that we should just bring back wash khakis and dungarees. Why do we keep trying to re-invent the wheel?

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Concur with everything, great article, too much common sense. I visited some Air Force buddies recently for some drinking at their squadron, did you guys know big USAF is getting rid of the flight suit and adopting a two-piece Army camo flight suit?!? This was a heavy unit, so I'm not sure what the ejection seat crowd is doing. Crazy

Affirm - C-17 and C-130 crew for a while have been donning FR multicam two piece aviation ensemble....

4125871-1024x683.jpg