• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New vs Old Style

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I found the new style of forum depiction is always very slow to load.

I went to User CP and changed the forum style back to the original and the pages load almost immediately. So I'm using that style now.

Why would the new look always take a long time to fill in?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dunno, but I still use the old style. I fear change. :D

Brett

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
About 15 graphics and the header.

EDIT -- I take that back, the only difference between new and old:

- 4 graphics around the sides and top (your browser should cache them, so no hit after the first page view)
- rotating header on the new style
- advertisements by google (for those that haven't contributed) on the new style

My "guess", since I don't really know without mucking with anything, is that it is the rotating header, since I am making an additional call to the database to rotate the header. Just switched to the old style, threw me for a loop since I have gotten used to the new style, also, it took "longer" to load for me. Granted, I am on broadband in Japan, and I have some latency issues connecting to the site, so I doubt I am a good "sample" for connectivity. Then again Schnugg, I am sure you have even farther to go to connect.

Oh well, whatever works. There is also a "low bandwidth" style, that I use, I can make that available if ppl are interested. Looks just like the archives, and enable you to browse very quickly on a dialup.

John

KBayDog

Saw the title and thought it was a discussion about classic Beastie Boys songs. Darn.

Anyway, I've noticed the new AW to be just a tad bit slower than the old, but nothing that would cause me to switch.

Suggestion, though: Add to those "moto"-type pictures in the banner to make them more realistic. In addition to pics of T-45s, Phrogs, etc., show photos of a squadron safety stand-down, a FOD walk, a disgruntled LT filling an IA billet, someone waiting on hold while trying to schedule an annual physical, someone knucklehead calling the SDO at 0300 to get the next day's flight schedule, a Marine helo pilot who signed on for a bonus last year finding out that the retention bonus is 18K this year, etc.

You know, the true face of Naval Aviation :D

Skidtz

Puddle Pirate
How fortuitous - I was just looking for a thread where I could say the following:

Just logged on for the first time since October, and I really like the new look. Kudos.

-s-

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Question:
Why is "Who's Online" on quick links so-o-o-o-o-o interminably S...L....OOOOO...WW .... to load?? Either interface. Depiction. Format. Whatever ..... New or old.

All other pages seem uniformly ... satisfactory.