• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New to OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

Hey All,
I'm starting OCS on June 9 was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom or inside information that I should know. Thanks.

ASUPilot

Walker,

All I can say is get in shape, if you're not already, and ask as many questions on this board as possible...the people here on this board are the most informed that I have seen.

ASUPilot

Walker

Thanks Asu Pilot,
I was also wondering if after OCS you are given any leave? , and if you are allowed leave should I take any before entering API?

Kyle McWhirter

I guess there is another OCS class between the 2nd and 16th. Congrats on the OCS date. I start a week earlier and will probably be getting out of my poopies as you put them on. See you in June!

Walker

They tried to get me into the June 2 class but I was told it was full. Who knows we might end up in the same API class.

Kyle McWhirter

I have a feeling that we might be stashed for quite a while waiting for API. If they are filling up OCS classes every week...we might be hanging out for some time. Anyone know the average wait time for API or does it vary? Let me know.

Kyle

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
quote:
I have a feeling that we might be stashed for quite a while waiting for API

Waiting CAN be a good thing. First, gives you time to decompress after OCS. Then you can check out Pcola a little more indepth, and get to know your OCS buds when they have had one too many! Also, have a chance to get your hands on the API books early, and to start going through the books and answering the ELOs at the end of each chapter. Just depends on how motivated you want to be. Plus there is the beach and golfing. For me, as long as the wait was longer than 3 weeks, but shorter than 6, I was a happy camper, gave me enough time to relax and have some fun, but not enough to go stir crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.