• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New To Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuSnake

Whats up fellas. I was just looking around for some OCS stuff and found the site. I was accepted for the BDCP program back on 14JUNE2002 for a Pilot slot. I can't wait till I'm gone and going with this. I go to OCS after I graduate MAY04, until then all I can do is look forward to it all. All I do is run, workout, and Study, so hopefully Ill do well. Anybody that has any questions about the BDCP program feel free to ask, I think I've turned into my recruiter's mini recruiter at my school, haha, oh well I guess thats the way it goes.

Good Luck to everybody.

BDCPUAH

Valion310

Hey, welcome to the forum! And congratz on your BDCP acceptance. If all goes right, I might be down there with ya in '04. (I'll know by the end of Jan.)

Valion310 Fox3! - Good Kill! Good Kill!

jrklr

BDCPUAH:
what's up. I've heard different things on this board that BDCP is completely full (and has been for a while supposedly) and the only thing you can do is accept the offer to your respective community and then go on a waiting list for BDCP. Did you have to go through any of this? I'm assuming you have a great GPA. I'm a 2nd year college student with good grades and I will have a competive application going in soon and was wondering if BDCP is even possible. Thanks buddy.

NuSnake

jrklr,
Its an EXTREEMLY competative program right now. With the economy in the pits people are turning to the military more often now I think. I had no wait for BDCP, I have decent grades and a good application, but I think I must have done really well on my ASTB because I was put ahead of alot of people on the waiting list for Pilot slots for this program. My advice would be definately to accept the flight spot, or any spot they give you because if this is truely what you want to do youll do it anyways, the BDCP part is simply a plus, however it is one FREAKIN awesome plus man. They're paying me while I'm in school and I'm accumulating time in service right now and all I have to do is keep my grades up and stay in shape, what a deal. Just stick with it man, I met with my recruiter yesterday and he told me that every pilot and NFO slot is full until at least '04 so the selection board is being extreemly picky on who gets a slot. Anything else you need just hollar.

Harmony Boy

BDCPUAH,
How does the accumulating time-in-service work for you? Is it simply for pay purposes once you get commissioned? Or does it affect your date-of-rank (DOR) once you do get commissioned so that you can get promoted earlier? Just curious.

James

NuSnake

The way it was explained to me is that Your rank is relatively unaffected by it, unless youre dealing with someone with the same rank, comparatively, you will have more time-in-service than they will if they were ROTC or Academy. Look at it like this: Picture a Graph, on the verticle axis is rank, O-1, O-2, etc. On the horizontal its your time in service. As you progress, on the books, you are always 2 yrs ahead of the other guys with your same rank. You see what I'm sayin? Its confusing I know, but it makes since once you figure it out.

This probably didnt help one bit, but hey I tried.

Jim

I'm not sure if you know it or not BDCPUAH, but you're also accumulating paid leave time while on BDCP. I'm pretty sure we're getting 2.5 days a month, which will be great for you since you don't graduate until May 2004. What I think the time in service basically means is that if you want to retire from the military you can do so in 18 years instead of 20 since you will have those 2 years time in service. By the way, did you have your military ID card issued for BDCP? I don't have one yet and I've been on BDCP since the end of July. My recruiter is basically making me go about it myself and I'm wondering if its worth my time.

Best of luck to everyone,

-jim

tali264

Jim,
I'm in BDCP and have my ID card but I don't use it for anything (besides getting on base once to take a PRT). So I guess you don't really need it..... However it wasn't hard to get. Only took like 10 min.

navy101

I'm also in bdcp and the military ID is not that important. I only use it to get on base at nas jax and also at the exchange.

JayManC

kind of two odd-ball questions for the BDCP candidates
when you get your ID ive heard they list you as OCSN is that what its listed for rank
if any of you guys have your cars registered on the bases did they issue you a blue sticker or a red one?

<insert something witty here:>

FlyGirl

Hey do any of you know if it's possible for an OCS candidate to get a base pass? I'm wondering this because I live near NAS Jax and wanted to go swim there.... I was told by recruiter that we cannot get ID cards until first week of OCS. Yet, I did have TN approve me for a navy flying club membership! Any suggestions...I really hate asking someone to meet me there at 5am so I can get in the pool!!

tali264

Navy101, I just saw in the stats section that you're going to OCS in May '03. So am I... May 31st to be exact. What is your date?

NuSnake

I have an ID, for rank it says NON-PO, which means you are a nothing on the food chain. All I use it for is to get on base if I want to and to take some of my army buddies home when they leave their IDs on base, thats the Army for ya I guess. All you need is your active duty orders that you should have by now since youre in BDCP.

jaznups

Hey I have a friend going on CEC scholarship around june 2004 which is just like BDCP for the CECs. I'm a year underneath her crossing my fingers, I should find out soon. My question being... Do you pay taxes on the $$ they send you? How does that work out in the grand scheme of things say my tax forms? (Just wondering if I would have to give up my other need based scholarships?)

Thanx,
Jaz

Status
Not open for further replies.