• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New specialized options for Reserves

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just stumbled across this. The Reserves are now offering direct commissions into NSW/SEAL. Here is the deal though, you must have been an E-5 qualified SEAL, SDV or UDT member. May not be any members with those creds but for some one surfing through or if you know someone, this is a great deal. We are talking direct commission here. No OCS, just raise your hand and say "I do". You can bet if a guy wanted a recall to active duty to NSW he could get one too. Max age 35.

Also new, you can get a direct commission as a 1805, meteorology/oceanography officer. We haven't taken more then one or two guys a year on the active side for as long as I can remember. This year we took zero. So on the Reserve side now you can come in direct commission. Need a hard science background and some experience in the field is helpful. Masters degree gets you O-2. This is more then weather guessing. Metocs handle the entire environment we operate in from the bottom of the ocean into space. Max age 39.

Reserves are also looking for 1605 Information Professionals. That is the new IT designator. Not taking them on the active side yet. This would be a good chance to get in on a new and growing community.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Just stumbled across this. The Reserves are now offering direct commissions into NSW/SEAL. Here is the deal though, you must have been an E-5 qualified SEAL, SDV or UDT member. May not be any members with those creds but for some one surfing through or if you know someone, this is a great deal. We are talking direct commission here. No OCS, just raise your hand and say "I do". You can bet if a guy wanted a recall to active duty to NSW he could get one too. Max age 35.

Also new, you can get a direct commission as a 1805, meteorology/oceanography officer. We haven't taken more then one or two guys a year on the active side for as long as I can remember. This year we took zero. So on the Reserve side now you can come in direct commission. Need a hard science background and some experience in the field is helpful. Masters degree gets you O-2. This is more then weather guessing. Metocs handle the entire environment we operate in from the bottom of the ocean into space. Max age 39.

Reserves are also looking for 1605 Information Professionals. That is the new IT designator. Not taking them on the active side yet. This would be a good chance to get in on a new and growing community.

What's the max age for 1605 direct commission?