• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New selection process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedjp

I just submitted my application for OCS. I'm shooting for a SNA slot. I started talking to my recruiter before the new selection process was adopted. But I didn't actually finish until this week.

Now you submit your transcripts, ASTB, LORs and a security summary with your application. It is much quicker without the full length security questionaire form involved. If you are professionally recommended, then you do the PFT and medical check-up.

At least this is the way I did it. I stil haven't done the PFT. Is this how everyone who has submitted the package recently done it? I wanted to do the PFT to add to my package. Do you think they professionally recommend more qualified applicants than necessary assuming some of those will not pass the physical or the pft?

contrail_dash

Thats pretty much what I had to do. They were holding off on the PRT and all that until the board deemed me qualified. But due to the backlog, none of us who applied after october have gotten selected. We've been told to reapply this summer.

19873016.jpg

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I sent my package last week and it worked the same way. I've heard from someone else on the forum that after you get selected/rejected, you have one month to do PRT, MEPS exam, copy of birth certificate, and extended security form (assuming you get selected of course.)

As far as people appying after October not getting slots goes, I know for a fact that all aviation slots were put on hold for a while. They just opened back up recently so I'm hopeful that I'll get in on the first try. Anyone else applied recently - within the last few weeks?

I hate waiting already...

aeronerd

Hummer guy
I just posted this same question... oops. I submitted my application last week, and my recruiter told me I would hear back in 2 weeks. I'm a little confused on how the application process has changed as far as the selection committee not needing PRT or medical info.

Has anyone else heard the same thing from your recruiters? Two weeks seems kinda quick to me.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was told two weeks as well. I was pretty surprised (expected more like 2 months at the earliest) but my office has told me more than once to expect an answer soon.

PRT ect comes after professional recommendation/rejection. I'm not sure why the process has changed.

I was told it could be up to a month... shouldn't be longer. My recruter said they kind of go over them at random intervals so couldn't say for sure when they'd look at it, but a month would be the longest I'd have to wait.

utrico

Applying for OCS
My recruiter told me 6-8 weeks so who knows. It has been about 2 weeks already. So one month to take the PFT after professional recommendation... I better get on it.

kevin

it's actually 90 days post rec that you have to have all the med, prt, security cl, etc. just make sure you have prk WELL IN ADVANCE!!!!!!! if you need it. that's how i got screwed. but 90 days is what i believe it is now. good luck with it all.

mikedjp

I thought my package had already been sent in, but yesterday I got a call from the NRD in San Antonio saying that I missed one of the signatures on my ASTB! He then explained that I could either drive down to San Antonio to sign it (I'm in Austin) or he would mail it back to Austin and then I could sign it and Austin would mail it back to San Antonio then my test would be sent in for "final" grading. How frustrating! I can't miss work so I'm waiting for it to get back here.

I wonder how long it will be before my completed package gets sent in! If there is an opening right now, I want to jump on it.

I'm tired of waiting too.

How long does it take for the official ASTB results to come back once they have been sent in?

mikedjp

I talked to my recruiter today, my package will hopefully go out this Friday. I guess the official scores will be added later and they will use the unofficial ones for now.

aeronerd

Hummer guy
This whole "two weeks" thing is BS. I talked to my recruiter today. She had just talked to some people at the pilot boards. My recruiter said they were "hoping" to get back to me in the next few weeks.... I sent in my application a month ago.
Why tell us two weeks when they know it's gonna take longer? This whole thing sucks for those of us who are graduating because we're trying to plan our lives!

Sorry.... just had to vent....

Any others with similar frustrations?

Bserton

My package went in a week and a half ago. My recruiter said 2 weeks to 2 months. If it is more on the 2 month side, I am really going to go nuts. They must have a real backup down there.

Meridiani

I can certainly sympathize with your frustration. The first time my application was submitted, I waited 3 months to hear that I was a non-select. My application was resubmitted about 2 weeks ago, and my only hope is that I don't have to wait an additional 3 months! I graduated with my M.S. last August, and started the application process last September. So, I've had lots o' time to fret about how I'm going to make ends meet until I can finally get into OCS!
banghead_125.gif

Hang in there!
bouncy_125.gif

Meridiani

You can call CNRC, but I don't think that civilian applicants are encouraged to do so. You're supposed to go through your recruiter. I guess that's one advantage of being active duty--those folks handle their applications personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.