• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New PRT?

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
I did the GAFPFB a while back (GOLD BABY!!) and that is what the "test" program reminds me of, minus the double action uhhh, action

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
That actually used to be (and may still be) one of the physical feats of strength you had to do for your Academy app.

Blue and Gold officer wife says the following events comprise the current applicant physical fitness test:

cadence pullups
kneeling basketball throw
40yd shuttle run
pushups
situps
1 mile run

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Blue and Gold officer wife says the following events comprise the current applicant physical fitness test:

cadence pullups
kneeling basketball throw
40yd shuttle run
pushups
situps
1 mile run

Hmm, you know I might be confusing it with something else. I thought I had to jump, though, but maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Otto, the test wasn't meant to be given every 6 months, but rather once a year. "Foreign stations" in TR's time were essentially South America, so giving it once a year between Dec and Feb allowed the test to be conducted in warm weather.

ryan1234

We do if you are above height/weight.

Which I have always been since OCS.

The AF PT test max waist is 39'' (real measurement, not the pant size)... if you're a taller guy (6'3''+, average build)... you're just SOL. Fail that minimum component and fail the test... doesn't matter if you can run a 5k in 3 minutes and do 200 pushups in a minute.

And this right here is the absolute truth of the AF PT test:

MasterBates

That is just retarded, looks like an ANG/FANG job is a no go for me.

I'm 40" the way they measure it. But I meet all other standards.