• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hot new helicopter/rotorcraft news

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Conflict of who's interest? What are the competing interests?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
If it’s the compromise of the special trust and confidence of the “moderator” title, then Webmaster can revoke it at any time. I only use my mod powers maybe once a year. The only thing I get out of being a moderator is my enjoyment of seeing the other mods highlight especially dumb posts in the moderator forum.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Appreciate all the feedback from some of the other moderators - but no one spoke of undue influence. I'm actually highlighting a potential conflict of interest that exists when a Bell employee serves as one of your moderators and posts Bell webpages, newsfeeds, social media or whatever on this thread. Disagree with me all you want but the perception here is quite clear....It's about what I thought the role of the moderator was in this great forum; I didn't think marketing was in the SOW or job description.

Conflict of who's interest? What are the competing interests?

I appreciate your input but to be frank this site has no official sanction and little if any influence on anything but this forum so there is really not any basis at all for a conflict of interest. I think most take what Phrogdriver posts here about the competition with a grain of salt anyways since he is a Bell guy and is going to cheerlead for Bell.

As Phrogdriver points out being a moderator here has its limits and if the rest of us, in particular the Webmaster and his faithful deputy, thought Phrogdriver was overstepping his bounds then we would step in. At this point, I don't think he is.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Don't hate anyone, but there's a time and place. A forum for which you serve as a Super Moderator shouldn't be a platform for your marketing endeavors.
If it helps you can think of his marketing plugs as commercials breaks....like a Dan Marino Isotoner ad during an NFL game.

It's not like Bell took our a full page ad in the NAS Pax River newspaper....oh wait, that was Leonardo.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If you find Gnorman the Gnome you can win a prize. But you gotta read it to find him!
Back in college I found the best way to get people to read something was to write FREE BEER at the top, false advertising or not.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Appreciate all the feedback from some of the other moderators - but no one spoke of undue influence. I'm actually highlighting a potential conflict of interest that exists when a Bell employee serves as one of your moderators and posts Bell webpages, newsfeeds, social media or whatever on this thread. Disagree with me all you want but the perception here is quite clear. I don't know anything about other moderators, but I assume none are Airbus or Leonardo employees. If they are, they aren't using this forum to continually advocate for their company or products.

Phrogdriver does some great opinion writing for Task & Purpose; it's not about him. It's about what I thought the role of the moderator was in this great forum; I didn't think marketing was in the SOW or job description.
FFS. This is completely absurd reasoning. This is a privately owned website. What the Mods do/do not do, support/do not support has exactly zero bearing on anything to do with the acquisitions process or decision making. Kindly STFU.

gnftr

I appreciate your input but to be frank this site has no official sanction and little if any influence on anything but this forum so there is really not any basis at all for a conflict of interest. I think most take what Phrogdriver posts here about the competition with a grain of salt anyways since he is a Bell guy and is going to cheerlead for Bell.

As Phrogdriver points out being a moderator here has its limits and if the rest of us, in particular the Webmaster and his faithful deputy, thought Phrogdriver was overstepping his bounds then we would step in. At this point, I don't think he is.

Solid comments and reasoning, Flash.

Brett237 - STFU, really? Classy, amigo.
No one has said a thing about decision making or acquisitions process influence. Never the point of my observation.

Pags/Jim123 - priceless and perfect.

Last edited:

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Buddy, I’ve been tilting at the good governance (moderation transparency, accountability, etc) windmill for a while.

It ain’t worth it. Just enjoy the fireworks.

Notanaviator

Contributor
Which ones are we allowed to talk about? I’m kind of losing track. If I’ve never been in the military or worked for companies with exposure to the aerospace sector I’m pretty much good to talk about whatever... right?