• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hot new helicopter/rotorcraft news

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The FARs changed markedly after the 57 and again last year. The 57 still wouldn't cut it under today's standards.
The Bell 206 was type certificated under CAR 6 in 1964, before there were FARs for signing off new aircraft, which is bureaucratic mumbo jumbo for "grandfathered in on lots of stuff."

I don't know how much the TH-57 was connected with that (I figure you might, what with your current gig) but I always assumed nearly all of the 57A paperwork was cut and paste.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The Bell 206 was type certificated under CAR 6 in 1964, before there were FARs for signing off new aircraft, which is bureaucratic mumbo jumbo for "grandfathered in on lots of stuff."

I don't know how much the TH-57 was connected with that (I figure you might, what with your current gig) but I always assumed nearly all of the 57A paperwork was cut and paste.
57C was all special waivers for SP IFR. SFENA only had to qualify the stab system and flying qualities boost off.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator

Long story. Suffice it to say that 2019 technology is a lot different than mid-1960s and hopefully the Navy is aboard that train.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Bell Training Academy 407s perform 10 autos per hour on average.

That's a pretty good statistic. It sounds a lot like some of the fam flights in the TH-57 (when you also include a couple of laps around the practice emergency/simulated engine failure fields to and from the OLF).

The energy management skills learned through full autos build a fundamental understanding of vertical flight.

Couldn't have said it better.

gnftr

Don't hate anyone, but there's a time and place. A forum for which you serve as a Super Moderator shouldn't be a platform for your marketing endeavors.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Don't hate anyone, but there's a time and place. A forum for which you serve as a Super Moderator shouldn't be a platform for your marketing endeavors.
I dont think its undo influence - no Flag level decision makers here. And the insight on how Bell is positioning their offering is of value to A-Dubs on here. Appropriate for the forum topic.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I dont think its undo influence - no Flag level decision makers here. And the insight on how Bell is positioning their offering is of value to A-Dubs on here. Appropriate for the forum topic.

Chuck is actually right, for once... :D, there isn't undue influence happening here on this forum for this competition or any other. If any of the other moderators thought it was inappropriate it would be dealt with. If any Leonardo/Finmeccanica/AugustaWestland reps wanted to talk up their stuff here they are more than welcome as well.

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Chick is actually right, for once... :D, there isn't undue influence happening here on this forum for this competition or any other. If any of the other moderators thought it was inappropriate it would be dealt with. If any Leonardo/Finmeccanica/AugustaWestland reps wanted to talk up their stuff here they are more than welcome as well.
But not Airbus. Fuck those guys

gnftr

Appreciate all the feedback from some of the other moderators - but no one spoke of undue influence. I'm actually highlighting a potential conflict of interest that exists when a Bell employee serves as one of your moderators and posts Bell webpages, newsfeeds, social media or whatever on this thread. Disagree with me all you want but the perception here is quite clear. I don't know anything about other moderators, but I assume none are Airbus or Leonardo employees. If they are, they aren't using this forum to continually advocate for their company or products.

Phrogdriver does some great opinion writing for Task & Purpose; it's not about him. It's about what I thought the role of the moderator was in this great forum; I didn't think marketing was in the SOW or job description.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Appreciate all the feedback from some of the other moderators - but no one spoke of undue influence. I'm actually highlighting a potential conflict of interest that exists when a Bell employee serves as one of your moderators and posts Bell webpages, newsfeeds, social media or whatever on this thread. Disagree with me all you want but the perception here is quite clear. I don't know anything about other moderators, but I assume none are Airbus or Leonardo employees. If they are, they aren't using this forum to continually advocate for their company or products.

Phrogdriver does some great opinion writing for Task & Purpose; it's not about him. It's about what I thought the role of the moderator was in this great forum; I didn't think marketing was in the SOW or job description.
Are you a paying contributor to the site?

I'm not...just wondering.