• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New CNO? (Take 2)

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
The bar for firing is not the same as the bar for passing someone over to be hired.

Were this to come out after ADM Moran swore in as CNO, he'd keep his job.

Cool. As it is currently being reported, it's a dumb reason to be fired.

I had a company officer at the Academy who after her tour at the Academy was let go from the Navy due to frat. Should I not communiate with her because of one decision she made or continue to trust her for her otherwise sound judgement and guidance? How did we go from saying "we need to get rid of the zero defect mentality" to "he knew someone who is accused of committing a crime and kept talking with him so let's fire him?"

It's a damn shame what's happening and everyone knows it.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
  1. Bill Moran didn't get fired.
  2. Bill Moran didn't maintain a friendship with a MIDN who got in trouble from back in the day.
  3. We still don't know what's in those emails.

These false equivalencies are getting ridiculous. Details matter.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
  1. Bill Moran didn't get fired.
  2. Bill Moran didn't maintain a friendship with a MIDN who got in trouble from back in the day.
  3. We still don't know what's in those emails.
These false equivalencies are getting ridiculous. Details matter.

1. He was effectively fired and we lost a lot of talent in his "resignation," if you want me to use the correct terminolgy.
  2. Uh, what? If you're talking about my anecdote, go back and re-read it.
  3. Like I said:
Cool. As it is currently being reported, it's a dumb reason to be fired.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
He was effectively fired and we lost a lot of talent in his "resignation," if you want me to use the correct terminolgy.
He was not 'effectively fired.' He was passed over once details surfaced that were not known prior to his nomination. And I repeat: what's in those undisclosed email matters.
Uh, what? If you're talking about my anecdote, go back and re-read it.
I understand your anecdote just fine. Here's another: I was arrested for assault in college and no one gives a shit. I was a 19 year old shithead who needed to learn a lesson not to solve problems that way the hard way. If I were to do that at 35+ years old as the XO or CO of a naval warship and made the Navy Times, the stakes are higher. If you can't understand the difference, I can't help you.
Like I said:
He wasn't fired.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
You guys have to stop talking in subterfuge.

Do we not agree that Bill Moran did nothing wrong - he is the victim yes?

And we - our Navy - lost the best leader we have known in 50 years.

It’s sad.

thump

pilot
And I repeat: what's in those undisclosed email matters.
Agreed on this point. For this episode to start to resemble accountability, they should be disclosed. Without that transparency, it’s never going to look like anything more than PC run amok and/or game of thrones pentagon palace intrigue.

As many folks here have said - perception is reality.