• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New CG pilot program

sardaddy

pilot
Balance51,

I do know one DCA that did come in as a fixed wing pilot but it was pretty much a fluke. He was accessed under the assumption that he would be flying helicopters but as they were giving him an assignment they needed to fill a shortfall Copilot falcon billet in Cape Cod and since he had just left a fixed wing unit they asked him if he would be willing to take that instead. There really isn't much chance for getting a fixed wing slot through a DCA accession. In fact I think a recent solicitation message, or the DCA website itself (can't remember where I read it) says they are only accepting rotary wing applications at this time.

Elder,

I am interested in the C-130 demonstration team. Do you have shows often? Where do you think you will perform next? I would really love to see you perform.

I'll just ditto what USCGaviator had to say and move on as far as all of the items he noted goes. For a CG pilot you are surprisingly out of the loop on Direct Commission Aviators.

USCGaviator

pilot
sardaddy said:
There really isn't much chance for getting a fixed wing slot through a DCA accession. In fact I think a recent solicitation message, or the DCA website itself (can't remember where I read it) says they are only accepting rotary wing applications at this time.

It was the CG's Direct Commission Aviator site. Here's the link: