• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Carrier Name

Notanaviator

Contributor

I can get down with this. I will certainly take any service member over those named for most politicians... especially a few off the top of my head...

I will say the Brits take the cake on naming conventions. Their fleet in the early 19th century was like a floating thesaurus.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I have to wonder if we’re going to abandon POTUS names for a while given the toxicity. As many have stated, there are some great historic names up for grabs (Hornet, Ranger, etc).

This is a good choice for now.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Actually Yorktown would be the best name for a new carrier, resembling the best USN carrier of 1942 and then CG that pushed the Eurasian Rim closer to Soviet shore:eek:

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Generally, stop to give these seven glorious names (Lexington, Saratoga, Ranger, Yorktown, Enterprise, Wasp and Hornet) the USN entered WWII with to any other ships except the carriers. All in all, your victory had grown up on these very decks.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Generally, stop to give these seven glorious names (Lexington, Saratoga, Ranger, Yorktown, Enterprise, Wasp and Hornet) the USN entered WWII with to any other ships except the carriers. All in all, your victory had grown up on these very decks.
When I read this all I can think about is the retrieval song from Starship Troopers:

"Shines the name - Roger Young
Fought and died for the men he marched among
In the everlasting glory of the infantry
Shines the name of Private Roger Young"

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Enterprise, Hornet, Lexington, Yorktown, Constellation, Saratoga, Midway, Wasp, Ranger all would have been better choices

oops, already a Wasp

Agreed. Doris Miller was an absolute badass and deserves the honor. Personally I was hoping for another Constellation or Ranger, but no one asked me. I guess I’m just a history nerd.