• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New brownout approach procedures / training?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Really? I've had minimal EGI problems with the Sierra. Only 1 or 2 that I can think of since I've been flying it.
The H got its EGIs more recently than the R/S, so they're newer. They go from zero-to-hybrid nav in less than half the time of the LM EGIs in the R/S. I've only got ~200 hr in the R/S, but I've already seen 2-3 failing EGIs pulled. I do think the 12-channel SAASMs are better than the old five-channels, but the Hotel's (Rockwell-Collins?) are faster.

jtmedli

pilot
The H got its EGIs more recently than the R/S, so they're newer. They go from zero-to-hybrid nav in less than half the time of the LM EGIs in the R/S. I've only got ~200 hr in the R/S, but I've already seen 2-3 failing EGIs pulled. I do think the 12-channel SAASMs are better than the old five-channels, but the Hotel's (Rockwell-Collins?) are faster.

Nice. I didn't realize that.