• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
bpikula,

Inconsistancy is something that plauges most student pilots at some point early in their training.

It sounds to me like you do pretty good with the upper air work and then get aprehensive about the landings. This is perfectly normal for all student pilots.

In the begining I always found that before a solo I would be somewhat nervous...but only about the landing. Once I was actually on final it wasn't so bad. What I did was take it in short segments. Fly a nice stableized final. Next comes the roundout about 5-10ft above the runway. Once you have the runway made and airspeed looks good, slowly ease the power out No problems so far. Now comes that flare. Picture what it feels like to fly in ground effect...about 1 to 2 feet above the runway, right. That's the objective here, get it back into ground effect. Looking down the end of the runway, along the centerline. Get a picture in your mind of how high the cowling or dash needs to be above the end of the runway (In a low wing it's not very much, maybe about half an inch or so)and hold it there with smooth, small amounts of backpressure. You'll touch down on the mains every time.

Hope this helps some. Good luck.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by hennekecfi
Excellent! It's all in the flare...It's all in the flare.

Flare? What's that? You mean when you squat to pee?
icon_smile_wink.gif

ghost_ttu

good to see you are still live and tickin gator.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

magnum

bpikula-how have you been? I saw this posting and wanted to say hi. Baczek stopped by after graduation and informed me you made regimental commander-congrats-how is the surfing? I miss that florida weather. drop me a line-you can check my profile for email address-hope to hear from you soon buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.