• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

need room to rent or fellow roomates in vance

f18driver23

Hey guys and gals.
Headed to Vance next week for T1 training. I am a Navy E6 guy. I report to Vance 15th of next week.

I am looking for a room to rent off base for the time I am there. Or renting a house off base with some classmates or even persons not in my class.

Anyone that has some info on how to find a roomate/fellow renter please let me know.
Post away
Tim

usnphoenix

Remove before flight
pilot
I don't know if it is different for you, but some of the guys I know that went to Vance for primary were forced to live on base if they were single. Again it may be different because you are going there for advanced training, but its worth checking into.

f18driver23

well it is different for advanced guys...however, all i have to say is I have a puppy, and they cannot refuse my request.

any others going up there?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
f18driver23 said:
...however, all i have to say is I have a puppy, and they cannot refuse my request.

"LT Smith, we need you to go to Iraq for 364 days."

"Ooo, sorry, I can't go, I have a puppy."

"Oh, by all means, never mind."

While it's great that it works out for you this time, I'm not sure I'd plan on always getting my way with that argument down the road. Generally, operational commitments don't get trumped by the puppy excuse. Just a bit of friendly knowledge.

f18driver23

Ok, well back to the original topic in hand. anyone that is going up there or has any suggestions. please keep the positive suggestions coming.

thanks in advance guys.

TIM

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Have Philpot look into it for you... if hes up there before you maybe he can find some stuff and help you out.

f18driver23

Hey guys...

well probably getting a place really close to Vance. IT is a 3bedroom house about 2min drive from the main gate.

anyone need a room to rent, let me know via my email. Both I and another person are renting the 2 rooms and we have one free.

Total rent is 605 a month, so divide by 3 and that is a mere 200 per person per month.
let me know.
good luck all
tim