• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need help with Reconsideration Letter

PDustin

My background:
Male, 31 years old with BS Aerospace Engineering, 3.3 GPA, OAR score 52, naturalized citizen.

I applied for METOC but did not get selected, so I am writing this letter for the reconsideration. I already finish my BS degree last year so there is not much education improvement to be made. My questions are:

1. How can I make the letter look better?
  2. Since I am 31 years old, I almost age out all the job. Which jobs are less competitive?
  3. Are Engineering Duty Officer and Aviation Maintenance Duty Officer good choice?
  4. Any suggestions?

Here is my letter:

I am reapplying for Officer Candidate School for a second time and wish to be reconsidered by the METOC community. Since the initial application, I have put all of my efforts in improving myself physically and mentally to be a better candidate for the Navy Officer program. I have increased fitness training from 2 days a week to 5 days a week, and I have lost 10 lbs. I also decided to seek an Aerospace Engineering graduate degree at the University of Florida in the next 2 years. In preparation for this degree, I have been working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week to save money while paying off some of the student loan.

As a naturalized citizen who has received many benefits from this country, I believe that serving for the Navy is the best way to fulfill my obligation. I sincerely hope that the culmination of all my efforts and dedications merit your reconsideration of my application. This is my dream that I will never giving up.

Very Respectfully,

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
  1. How can I make the letter look better?
  2. Since I am 31 years old, I almost age out all the job. Which jobs are less competitive?
  3. Are Engineering Duty Officer and Aviation Maintenance Duty Officer good choice?
  4. Any suggestions?

Ask your recruiter to answer questions 1-4. There isn't a METOC option for OCS candidates - which might explain why you weren't "selected".

Your GPA is meh and your age puts you pretty limited to Navy options. Perhaps start looking at other services (Army, USAF, Guard, etc.) to see what they have to offer.