• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Help Quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt6599

BDCP SNA 2007
I have to send my findocs in by Oct. 2. Problem is that my run time sucks even though I almost max out pushups and situps I just cant run. My legs dont hurt I just get really winded. My question is does anyone know of any specific running program where I can shave off about 30-40 sec in the next two weeks? My run time before was about 12:20. I want to try to run it in 11:00 but i dont see it happening in 2 weeks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

R

RickyDT34

Try running wind sprints for about 45 minutes a day. Two weeks is not much time to improve so you have to be religious about it but should shave a good amount of time off of your run.

matt6599

BDCP SNA 2007
Thanks. Are you saying to do them everyday or should i take 1 out of 3 days off or something for recovery?

Bevo16

pilot
I trained for the 400M dash in HS and it was right after I enlisted that I had my best PRT times. Even when I was running 17 minute 5K's, my PRT times were better when I was conditioned for the quarter. I also played DB in college, and my PRT times got worse as I conditioned for speed over shorter distances. I also went from 165 pounds at 20 years old to 205 when I was playing college ball. That probably had something to do with it too.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I have trained for a lot of different things, but if you can run the quarter, you can run anything. Run repeat 400's. Do whatever you need to cool down between laps, take about 5 minutes in between if you need to but do the entire lap balls out. You can even train some overdistance, 500 meters or so, but SPRINT. If you get to the point where you can run 400 meters 6 times under a minute each for a workout, you will not have any trouble getting gassed over a mile and a half.

Again, 2 weeks may not be enough time. A month may have been. You can probably still make it though.

matt6599

BDCP SNA 2007
Thanks for everyone's help. I passed it so I'm gonna keep up the running...what does everyone do as a routine running program? I played football for most of my life so all I really know are programs for exsplosiveness which is why I weigh so much. Anyways once again any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.