• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Help Quick!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason12

ok i have to find this out fast. Here is my situation...I'm in the army reserve, and i want to sign up for the BDCP program, now as i was told by my army recruiter, any Active Duty contract that i sign with any other service will nullify my Reserve contract.....so...being that after the BDCP program you are active duty in the Navy, would signing up for the BDCP program also nullify my Reserve contract, i have no clue how this would work and the Army isn't offering me much help for obvious reasons...And my Navy recruiter isn't too sure himself since its a rare situation, anyone have any info i need it fast thanks guys!!

tali264

well it seems to me you answered your own question.

active duty = nullify contract
BDCP = active duty

therefore

BDCP = nullify contract

This is of course if your army recuriter was telling you the truth.

lol......sorry I couldn't help.....just love to show off my math skills
tongue_125.gif

jason12

yea but i'm not sure if i can receive pay from both branches of service at the same time and i'm not sure if you can like sign up for 2 services concurrently ya know...who knows maybe i'll just wing it and see if they catch on?!?

jason12

hopefully, unless they don't consider me to be active until i complete my degree, in which case i guess they'll just pay me for the next 2 years and i'll get army and navy pay....woooo hooo!!!

tali264

LOL....somehow I don't think they're going to let that happen
tongue_125.gif

Just apply and see what happens. You can deal with the angry accountants later
icon_smile_wink.gif

jason12

will do!! got an appointment tomorrow, finally the recruiters made time for me wow!! i'm impressed.....now to get this groupie situation in Pensacola straight...lol

jason12

yea i was surprised at that too, this is a different one from the last one i told you about who never picks up a phone to return a call, this guy is a little bit of a drive to get to that office but hey he was all about gettin me into the program so that's my man from now on. I gotta take the infamous ASTB somethin soon though to make sure my scores are good enough if not he said its good to take them now before the next semester starts that way if i do need to retest i won't have to worry about having to study for school and the test...pretty good guy let's hope i do good on the test whenever i find out when i have to take it

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Good luck!

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

Status
Not open for further replies.