• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Working Uniform Type II and III - finally something sailors can wear....

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Came across this thread in a google search for something about uniforms...

Just wrap a glow belt around your aquaflage and you'll actually cause a singularity of military uniform ludicrousness.

Here we see Officer Candidate LFCFan having a discussion with his chief about authorized locations for cell phone use....

me%20and%20chief.jpg

Glow belts are worn at almost all times for the first 8.5 weeks of OCS.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Came across this thread in a google search for something about uniforms...

Here we see Officer Candidate LFCFan having a discussion with his chief about authorized locations for cell phone use....

Glow belts are worn at almost all times for the first 8.5 weeks of OCS.

If you follow the OTCN Facebook page, they just posted pics of the most recent 6th Week PI (01-14). Apparently, as they were marching over to Kay Hall, there were four officer candidates who were wearing, on top of their service khakis, those damned road-guard vests. It's pretty ridiculous.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
If you follow the OTCN Facebook page, they just posted pics of the most recent 6th Week PI (01-14). Apparently, as they were marching over to Kay Hall, there were four officer candidates who were wearing, on top of their service khakis, those damned road-guard vests. It's pretty ridiculous.

I saw that and had to resist making a snarky comment. I also thought about posting a pic from that in this thread to add on to the ridiculousness but decided that I wasn't going to humiliate anyone.

BenDog

Miss the dungs as well.....Like it or not, I'm just glad they've picked ONE daily wear uniform. HATED the blueberries. Spent my last three years in the Navy in khakis.
I was sad that the aviation working greens were gone by the time I put on Chief. Classy uniform.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Type III aren't bad looking. Saw a reserve dude wearing them into Starbucks the other day - I would like to see a slimmer fit, but overall not a bad looking uniform.

Still think the Royal Navy has the best uniforms of any naval service - enlisted and officer.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My one issue with the Type IIIs is that I can not find the rank to save my life. Using subdued colors (black or doodoo brown) on a digital background just doesn't work for my eyes. At least with Marines, I can find the rank since it's higher, up on the collar.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like how the RN wear officer insignia - is that too douchy for us?

article-0-12377969000005DC-694_306x573.jpg

They often wear cammies too, I think the blue ones are for shipborne wear.

As has been mentioned by me and others before, we really ought to just go with the Coasties blue working uniform.