• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Weather Woes

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The +TSRAGR TEMPO line was there every day from June through September at Pax which just ended up letting you know that it was summer and that the weathers folks couldn’t tell you squat about where the pop up thunderstorms might occur.
I think every base has one line in their TAF that when you see it, it’s basically the forecasters saying “fuck it; we have no idea.” A scattered layer and a broken layer . . . yep, it’s still Whidbey at Whidbey.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Fucking WX guy wouldn’t hatch out the back side of his WW so we could go fly, even though it was VERY clear and a million behind the front that rolled through here.

So we cancelled, lost the X, and I enjoyed time with my son finding gators basking in the sun on the golf course.

Fuck it, I made like $300 today for doing nothing...

Attachments

• F9E8B31C-7197-48D9-AFFA-E7D236A6EB04.jpeg
    F9E8B31C-7197-48D9-AFFA-E7D236A6EB04.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 35
  • B0941810-C663-4BFB-81AD-5B81DDD6593D.jpeg
    B0941810-C663-4BFB-81AD-5B81DDD6593D.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 0EFFA0FC-7117-49A6-9CC4-B5DEB4DB0DF9.jpeg
    0EFFA0FC-7117-49A6-9CC4-B5DEB4DB0DF9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That's great, but when will you post pictures of your son and not just your selfies?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Not sure about all bases, but the local metro office normally has a pretty good ability to tell you their confidence level in the forecast, without sacrificing CYA effects of TAF lines. Most of us don't go beyond ADDS/skyvector and local PIREPS to evaluate weather, but if it that stuff is suspect, talking with a real human who is local isn't a bad idea. I'm pretty sure those civilian experts are the ones writing the TAF's, vice the AG's who administratively disseminate.