• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

navy vs. marines

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddstoller

i heard that it is easier to get accepted to the marines AOCS than the navy AOCS. is that true? i would like to become a pilot or an NFO. i am getting my degree in education with about a 3.2 GPA. i am also an instrument rated pilot and an aircraft mechanic. I don't think my credentials are good enough for the navy. it seems like people with higher GPAs with degrees in engineering are not getting in. does anybody know the precetage of applicants accepted in the navy and in the marines.

thanks for your help

todd

Kycntryboy

pilot
toddstoller said:
i heard that it is easier to get accepted to the marines AOCS than the navy AOCS. is that true? does anybody know the precetage of applicants accepted in the navy and in the marines.
That sounds like a whole bunch of statistical information, that nobody on this site would know. (Since I don't believe any person that sits on the boards is a member to this site) . The only way to know would be to apply, the board looks at more than GPA. I wouldn't suggest applying to one only because it is "easier" to get into, you better know what your applying for. It all falls under Needs of Navy and Needs of Marines. If one branch needs more at a certain time, they will accept more. If they are full than you are SOL. Its really about being qualified and your timing more than anything else.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I got NFO w/o any flight experience and a 3.09 gpa at the time... take your ASTB and talk to your recruiters...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
There is no such thing as AOCS in the Marine Corps or Navy anymore. There is just Navy OCS and Marine OCS.

dcharles

I got an aviator (Navy) slot with a Biology degree and a 2.9, I just scored well on the ATSB. Granted, that was 5 years ago . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.