• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy VS Air Force Helicopter Pilot

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
At some point arguing over the differences between flying helos for one service or the other is like arguing between different suburbs. At the end of the day the major differences come down to what type of mayo (hellmans vs best foods vs dukes) you buy at your fancy grocery store and what the local youth soccer fields are like.
It's this kind of partisan wrangling that makes me want to turn to Miracle Whip.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Sure, but aren't like 3/4+ of their squadrons 65s?

A -60 is overkill for a lot of what they do, plus the 20k+lbs of downwash can swamp out sailboats and whatnot. In the meantime, they've up-engined the Dolphin and are also replacing the avionics, similar to what the Army is doing with the UH-60Vs.

Pags

N/A
pilot
My understanding was the the 68s were a stopgap until the 65s' capability (speed and weapons package) was increased with the C model. Once the 65C was fielded there was no need to keep the 68s.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Not something far more esoteric like Kewpie? Or you could always make your own artisinal mayo out of the eggs your chickens lay.
Can I leave my chickens in your yard? I live in Old Town and they aren't allowed there.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I wish. Mrs. Pags and the HOA both say no livestock. Mrs. Pags also says this prohibition applies to future attempts to rent goats for brush clearing.
What if you refer to them as pet chickens... I mean pet cats commonly bring dead birds and squirrels as a sign of gratitude, why can't pet chickens provide you fresh eggs for the same reason? And so what if you just so happen to eat the pet chickens later on?

How about emotional support chickens?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
What if you refer to them as pet chickens... I mean pet cats commonly bring dead birds and squirrels as a sign of gratitude, why can't pet chickens provide you fresh eggs for the same reason? And so what if you just so happen to eat the pet chickens later on?

Why is it so easy for us to get so far off track?

Pags

N/A
pilot

I tried but to avail. The closest chickens get to my house is when they're on the grill. And I'm reminded that the fat dog is there for all my emotional support needs.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Gents,

Has somebody ever met a case of exchange tour for 60' drivers between USN and USCG? 60' Coasties AFAIK are very proud for their sea SAR skills - so have they an opportunity to contribute in Navy CSAR ops? In USAF CSAR?

Thanks