• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve Intel

donker65

I am pursuing a designator switch to 1635. Can I expect to undergo a poly (counterintel, lifestyle, or full scope)?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am pursuing a designator switch to 1635. Can I expect to undergo a poly (counterintel, lifestyle, or full scope)?

It largely depends on where you would be stationed as a reserve intel officer, but I would guess Brett is right that you usually would not get a poly. You would generally get one of those if you were attached to certain intel agencies in DC (not all require them, and then they require different types)and even then they may not do one just for a reservist, they only give them to who really needs one. Just like a security clearance, why waste the money on someone who does not need one?

donker65

Makes sense Flash. Thank you for the information. One other question; how do I determine what level of clearance I presently maintain? I completed my SSBI four years ago.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
It largely depends on where you would be stationed as a reserve intel officer, but I would guess Brett is right that you usually would not get a poly. You would generally get one of those if you were attached to certain intel agencies in DC (not all require them, and then they require different types)and even then they may not do one just for a reservist, they only give them to who really needs one. Just like a security clearance, why waste the money on someone who does not need one?

The operative phrase in a lot of cases is what they call "staff like access". If they give you a logon to their local computer system, and you can come and go as you please, in many cases you either have to get a poly, or sign a statement that says you'll take one when asked. Different agencies have different requirements in terms of the type of poly; some want lifestyle, some want CI. Given that there are not that many Reserve intel billets with the big Agencies, it's not that much of a factor for the average Joe 1635.

Either type is a major red-ass, though; with my guilty conscience Catholic school upbringing, the polygraph examiners have a field day with me.... :(

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The operative phrase in a lot of cases is what they call "staff like access". If they give you a logon to their local computer system, and you can come and go as you please, in many cases you either have to get a poly, or sign a statement that says you'll take one when asked. Different agencies have different requirements in terms of the type of poly; some want lifestyle, some want CI. Given that there are not that many Reserve intel billets with the big Agencies, it's not that much of a factor for the average Joe 1635.

Either type is a major red-ass, though; with my guilty conscience Catholic school upbringing, the polygraph examiners have a field day with me.... :(

Yeah, the lady had to re-ask some of the questions because of all these bad things kept popping into my head when she was asking them. I passed but it was still a little nerve wracking.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, the lady had to re-ask some of the questions because of all these bad things kept popping into my head when she was asking them. I passed but it was still a little nerve wracking.

Like the time you were caught in a compromising position at the Alpaca farm? :D

Brett

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, not Alpaca's, they were just regular sheep.......;)

Regular sheep! I expected so much more from you. If not an Alpaca, certainly a Merino or Cashmire goat. Where is your pride? Standards please.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Regular sheep! I expected so much more from you. If not an Alpaca, certainly a Merino or Cashmire goat. Where is your pride? Standards please.

I was drunk, it was night and there was no moon to guide me.......I blame it on the Tequila.......;)