• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve AMDO

David850

I put in a packet a few weeks ago for the Navy reserve AMDO board. I was told the board was April 23 or around that date,, recruiter never gave me an exact date. I was told he successfully submitted it though.

I noticed the latest board was in March, which I'm assuming was for active duty?

I'm sweating bullets though because I see how many people are on their 3rd or 4th attempt on the active duty side. My recruiter said that apparently they are at capacity for AMDOs which didn't make sense to me because they haven't even had the board yet, but I guess from selectees from the last board, with Covid and everything going on. So is it even possible to get selected if they already have their numbers? What's the purpose for holding the board if that's the case?

I had to do 2 interviews both were with CAPTs and I did really well. The recruiter said he wouldn't even send my packet if I didn't score a 9/10 because I wouldn't get selected unless I had a 9/10 or higher on the interviews. I feel my packet is strong with my background, but just curious if anyone had any information about the AMDO reserve board coming up and about how they already have their numbers if I should just automatically assume no one will get selected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I put in a packet a few weeks ago for the Navy reserve AMDO board. I was told the board was April 23 or around that date,, recruiter never gave me an exact date. I was told he successfully submitted it though.

I noticed the latest board was in March, which I'm assuming was for active duty?

I'm sweating bullets though because I see how many people are on their 3rd or 4th attempt on the active duty side. My recruiter said that apparently they are at capacity for AMDOs which didn't make sense to me because they haven't even had the board yet, but I guess from selectees from the last board, with Covid and everything going on. So is it even possible to get selected if they already have their numbers? What's the purpose for holding the board if that's the case?

I had to do 2 interviews both were with CAPTs and I did really well. The recruiter said he wouldn't even send my packet if I didn't score a 9/10 because I wouldn't get selected unless I had a 9/10 or higher on the interviews. I feel my packet is strong with my background, but just curious if anyone had any information about the AMDO reserve board coming up and about how they already have their numbers if I should just automatically assume no one will get selected.

What do you mean "AMDO has their numbers"? DCO AMDO (and AEDO) meet once annually and select quotas usually for the current fiscal year and part of next. I've never need a time where the board has not met.

It's very competitive, usually 45-50 applicants competing for 5-7 ish spots annually.

David850

From what he said, he told me that his superiors found out that they have their numbers for the fiscal year, but we were going submit a packet anyway. He wasn't sure if it's due to the pandemic or what, but that's what he was told at least for the reserves.

I'm hoping I'm competitive enough, from what the interviewers and recruiter said, they claimed I have a strong packet, but you never know. I'm more concerned that they don't select at anyone at all. Do you know the exact board dates for the upcoming Reserve AMDO and how to see results once it's done?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
From what he said, he told me that his superiors found out that they have their numbers for the fiscal year, but we were going submit a packet anyway. He wasn't sure if it's due to the pandemic or what, but that's what he was told at least for the reserves.

I'm hoping I'm competitive enough, from what the interviewers and recruiter said, they claimed I have a strong packet, but you never know. I'm more concerned that they don't select at anyone at all. Do you know the exact board dates for the upcoming Reserve AMDO and how to see results once it's done?

What that means is that the recruiting district already made its submission goal. Usually each district is “goaled” to submit 1-2 DCO AMDO or AEDO candidates annually.

Your recruiter can tell you the most up to date board schedule, however NOTE those dates are merely placeholders and the actual board can convene either before or after the date.

Results are distributed to your recruiter either though the share portal or applicant tracking system - both of which your recruiter can access.

exNavyOffRec

In addition to what was said above it is not unusual on the DCO side for people to go to a few boards to get selected. Take a look at the previous AMDO DCO threads and you can get some better insight.