• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS travel

This will probably seem obvious, but if anyone can answer I would appreciate it. My son will be attending OCS, and I would like to know if he has to make his own flight arrangements to Newport, and later be reimbursed? Thanks to anyone who can help.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This will probably seem obvious, but if anyone can answer I would appreciate it. My son will be attending OCS, and I would like to know if he has to make his own flight arrangements to Newport, and later be reimbursed? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Have you son contact his officer recruiter to find out this answer...

He should be grown up enough to handle this on his own...

Have you son contact his officer recruiter to find out this answer...

He should be grown up enough to handle this on his own...
Aaaand THIS is why I avoid these sites like the plague. First off, I am asking for me. Second, if all you have is that kind of nonsense, at least try to work on your grammar. “YOU son”? Sheesh, another badass “warrior “.
I had a feeling this was all I was going to get here...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Aaaand THIS is why I avoid these sites like the plague. First off, I am asking for me. Second, if all you have is that kind of nonsense, at least try to work on your grammar. “YOU son”? Sheesh, another badass “warrior “.
I had a feeling this was all I was going to get here...

And is spelled with just one “A”, if you want to enforce grammar at least set the example by doing so.

Your post comes off as either 1. You’re a helicopter parent or 2. You can’t (or are afraid to) ask your son a simple question.

Lol. Obviously, you’re “that guy” on this site. I asked a simple question and you respond with snide comments about maturity levels, parenting skills, and relationship issues you couldn’t possibly know about. Very sad, but I suppose that kind of childishness gets you through your days. Out.

Notanaviator

Contributor
Lol. Obviously, you’re “that guy” on this site. I asked a simple question and you respond with snide comments about maturity levels, parenting skills, and relationship issues you couldn’t possibly know about. Very sad, but I suppose that kind of childishness gets you through your days. Out.

Dude. The third question of the Navy OCS FAQ page covers this. The third one. On the page for questions people ask frequently about Navy OCS. There’s a page for those questions.

Instead of maybe checking that out, your son asks you, who asks a forum of strangers like me for an answer. I do one google search and click on the most logical first result and, shocker, find the answer on the page of the program your son is attending. On the page they set up for questions people ask frequently. I come back to the forum and let you know where to find the answer your son should have found himself. Not super efficient.

As a person who has not served, I am grateful and glad that your son has offered to serve his country and, by extension, me and my family. But I am hopeful his OCS and military experience helps instill some values around self-starting, resourcefulness, and drive that he’ll need during his service and folks like me value afterwards.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Machine, no offense, but there is a lot of information on this site findable by searching, and people get tired of answering the same questions over and over again. Which is why questions like these get responses like these. There are also a lot of questions asked that are better directed to the people that do the job directly, ie Officer Recruiters. Also leads to responses like these.

I don't know the answer to your question as I drove to OCS and was reimbursed for mileage afterwards (I believe about a week into training, it was a while ago), but your son should know and if he doesn't he hasn't done his due diligence. The only reason I could see for you asking the question is if he needs money from you as the parents to get there. In that case, you either trust him or you don't.

Not trying to analyze your parenting skills or relationship issues in any way, shape or form.

FormerRecruitingGuru

It’s not childish telling someone to use their own resources to find the answer.

Based off the fact that you’re not willing to talk to your own son makes me wonder if there’s a big issue problem going on...

Last edited:

Meyerkord

pilot
It’s not childish telling someone to use their own resources to find the answer.

Based off the fact that you’re not willing to talk to your own son makes me wonder if there’s a big issue problem going on...
giphy.gif